Super hunt ???

JPblind

For me this will be the first time putting in for a super hunt. Put mine in for elk. Figure the draw odds might be just as good as controlled. I put in 20 times. My question is how many entries do you guys put in for this when you do it?

I normally buy like 5 deer for the last 10 or so years. Nobody I know has ever drawn! ? good luck

The truth is the most of the guys that draw the tags now days are putting in big bucks. I no quite a few guys that have drawn the tags and in todays world they are dumping 5000.00 to 15,000.00 Good Luck!
454E2783-5C54-4F6A-BBFA-D7DB1AC1FCC1.jpeg

The truth is the most of the guys that draw the tags now days are putting in big bucks. I no quite a few guys that have drawn the tags and in todays world they are dumping 5000.00 to 15,000.00 Good Luck!View attachment 76668
Thanks for the info! Think I just wasted $120. If only that money went to public use wilderness cabins. Last I looked (2005-2006) only 5000 people entered super hunts but back then it was those with game reports.

yup. personally know a guy that basically bought the pot. looked at historic numbers for tickets and bought that many, if not more. i suppose at that point you could be the un luckiest guy in the world but pretty good odds if you have the money. and frankly cheaper then a comparable governors tag

i buy one each. theirs immeasurable odds increases for really buying any more then that. if im gunna get lucky im gunna get lucky

Agree with some of the above. You can see the dramatic shift a few years back, when various guys started buying chances by the thousands. If ticket sales for one hunt doubles in one year, you can pretty much guess that's the cause. With almost no auction tags in the state, this is the only option for those guys.

The super hunt program was a great deal at one time, and is still worth entering. However, the odds are so much worse now, for the same money spent. It's be nice if there was a limit on tickets per person, but that's not likely to happen, because there's too much money to be lost.

So if you add all the applicants up in first and second drawing you come up with 158321 applicants and divide that by 34 Super Tags you have a 1 out of 4656.5 chance of winning with the purchase of 1 tag. Someone will get lucky.

Here is another Idaho Fish & NO CLUE Bull $hit program of giving away Idahoans big game . How many Non residents are dropping thousands of $$ on these hunts , better odds than most states point systems. NO hunting license to buy up front !! Super hunts in my opinion should be Idaho residents ONLY !!!
Lighten up Francis.
Seriously, it's a few tags. I think you're being a little hyperbolic.
The purpose is to raise money. If it's only Idaho residents then it's pointless. Pretty sure big game won't go extinct after these hunts.

Lighten up Francis.
Seriously, it's a few tags. I think you're being a little hyperbolic.
The purpose is to raise money. If it's only Idaho residents then it's pointless. Pretty sure big game won't go extinct after these hunts.
Funny comment Felica & nice use of a Big Boy word !! you must be one of the Out of Stater's I am referring !!! There are more than enough Idaho hunters to fund the Extra $$ Yeah its Only a few tags but its also a few less tags every year taken away from Idaho hunters !! I am sure the rich guys love the chance to drop a $hit pot of $$ to come hunt Idaho .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom