Super Tags?

I’m sure they haven’t notified anyone
Because they haven’t called me yet
?
I’m dreaming

Almost everyone who wins the tough draw tags and raffle tags does so with very slim odds. The "secret" is to apply everywhere every year. Or the alternative....budget a hundred grand annually for raffles and use the Casey Brooks approach. Either way, when you do get that call, it makes it all seem worthwhile.

you can buy one of these tags. i actually know a guy who did (owns a pretty big Idaho company) looked up the historic number of tickets bought every year for the combo super tag. bought that many. technically i guess he still could have not drawn it but with half the names in the hat being yours its going to happen. dude has some money and could afford to gamble. i guess the reasoning is its still cheaper than buying all those tags guided individually. don't remember the year. i know it was a while ago.

Interesting though, that it would've cost 90,000.00 to buy half the tickets in last year's first combo drawing. So, 90k at risk with 50-50 odds. Year's ago though, they sold far fewer tickets for the supertags. Now, every year, you have several guys trying to do what your friend did, all across the board on the various tags, making it's much less feasible.

its been a while and i don't know the numbers. some guys 90k is a drop in the bucket. whats spent on governors tags each year in other states for example and thats just one tag. is there only one super tag combo? i thought is was a few they gave out. if its more then one then odds would be above 50/50 if your buying the pot

There's no limit on the number of tickets sold in the Idaho Supertag raffles. They raffle off 2 combo's. Each ticket is 20.00, and unlimited in number sold. Your ticket for the first raffle is no good for the second raffle. Sales start from scratch for the second raffle.

I know the winner of the AZ deer raffle tag two years ago dropped several thousand dollars on tickets and ended up winning. It's considered a tax deductible donation so even if he didn't draw he still saved money on taxes. Even better he won and got to write it off.

A lot of people think this, and include it in their charitable deductions. Unfortunately, your info is incorrect. Buying raffle tickets for tags from the various conservation organizations has been determined to not be tax deductible many times, and if audited, they will gladly explain the error of your ways to you! If you purchase the tag at a banquet event, the value donated ABOVE the actual tag value is deductible.

You can use it to offset any W-2G winnings you have to declare tho, and that might work to some peoples advantage.

Not saying it's right or wrong but that's definitely what he did. And yes you are correct, the guys that buy the tags certainly use it. Regarding value above the tag value I don't think they mind when they have to exclude the $50 deer tag off the value.

Miss when they literally pulled the tickets from a barrel. Son of mine pulled 3 in 2 years. As with all good things, they change.

I too have been waiting for my call, though I'm sure my son pulled all the luck out of our family back in '06/'07.

No supper tag for me either
I’m thinking they owe me at least one controlled tag
Hopefully they see it that way ?

Just log on to check your applications. It will show what you applied for, and say Not Selected if unlucky.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom