Surplus Deer tags??

Silentstalker

Long Time Member
So I have a question for you guy's about this years surplus deer tags.

Do you agree with converting the unsold deer tags on any given G.S. unit from archery to muzzy at the the end of the archery hunt, and then from muzzy to rifle at the end of the muzzy hunt?

I am disappointed in the DWR for doing this. I would hope any unsold tags would be locked up and used to help the deer herd further. Selling them later to higher successful weapon types does not help the bucks out at all. Seems purely about the almighty dollar?

Right on!

I suppose they'd put em on sale for 1/2 price if they had to!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

If you purchase a leftover general deer season permit (archery for example). Do you lose your General Deer bonus point that was purchased during the application period?

I agree Scott. Total BS. It is not helping the deer herd in any way.

And yes, Austin you keep your point if you buy a left over permit.

Plus it seems the units that have the most leftover buck tags are the units that seem to need the most help/relief.

Robb

PleaseDear,

I tend to agree with you but with left over ogden archery tags I don't know how much of a difference it will make on the deer population because that unit is almost all private, BUT I do agree with you last post.

>If you purchase a leftover general
>deer season permit (archery for
>example). Do you lose your
>General Deer bonus point that
>was purchased during the application
>period?

No you do not. LE tags are a different story though

That is usually the Leftover Tag I have gotten for the last 9 years.

I got plenty of public ground to go hunt.....

In defense of travis--I mainly hunt the WF which is pretty much public once ya get thru the maze of 'uge homes!

Robb

Just to stifle the argument...

6411ogden_publicvsprivate.jpg

I stand by original statement.... MOSTLY PRIVATE

But I am a mountain hunter and have access to some private property so I will be doing a little bit of both.

What defense and what arguement? It was a joke in hopes that maybe people would read it and not hunt it thinking it was private. I know the boundaries and I know the private I hunt it every year and plan to keep doing so. It's in my back yard and usually don't have any problem finding the piss cutters there.

Sniper1,

I don't know where you have been hunting, but I'd love to see myself a pisscutter! LOL I'm just joking with ya.

I think this unit hold good opportunity but is far from a trophy unit but then again I have seen my fair share of bruisers there...

Hope to run into you on the mountain there Sniper1! Good hunting this season. (BTW are you rifle/muss/archery?)

Im archery. I like the fact that i live so close so I can spend more time on the mountain even if I aint finding much. Kind of threw me for a loop this year cuz I like to jump from mountain to mountain but this year I can't because they have so many diff units but come sept 15 when the extended opens i will be jumping the roads.:) If your ever up in the area pm me and maybe we can go find some pisscutters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom