SW Colorado deer or elk

I have a few options to trade. 3rd rifle deer with voucher realistic chance at 170+ for one. Also have horse pack in for any weapon for any season for elk or deer. This can be for two and will be in areas that you will see and have chances at game and if you put work in can realistically kill 170+ deer and 300+ elk. I’m wanting a trade for two for whitetail, antelope, Texas exotics or whatever. Pretty open but am not interested in driving much more than 12ish hours. Let me know what you have to offer.

ORIONTHEHUNTER

No getting compensated for offering hunts and or services without being a registered guide is. Wether it's money, equipment or trading trips it's clearly stated as illegal by CPW. He stated offering a horse pack in elk hunt and that he isn't a registered guide.

ORIONTHEHUNTER

I don't make the rules if you don't agree with them contact CPW. It doesn't matter to me but people shouldn't post things online that are clearly illegal.

wytex

Consequences could be steep for all involved.
If he's on private land he may well be legal.
Perhaps Orion was looking to save the guy some grief from CPW.

Bluehair

Very Active Member
People charge trespass fees and rent horses around here all the time. I interpreted the OP as saying that is what he could do for you. But I'm sure WW appreciates the lecture on what's legal. :LOL:

Regardless the CPW reg's, outfitter licensing in CO is a joke. And it aint because somebody lets you sit in a lawnchair in his back yard to kill his deer.

This plain and simple definition of an outfitter isn't so simple. I suspect thats why orion hasn't posted it. ;)

Last edited:

txhunter58

Long Time Member
I become friends with someone and we decide to go hunting together in Colorado. We hit it off and I invite him to hunt in Texas. That is how all my “swap hunts” have gone. I hunt with friends. Swapped with a guy in Alaska 25 years ago and we are still friends irrespective of hunting. He recently brought his grandson down here to hunt and I haven’t been there in years.
67BA3BAF-CFA5-4449-A8B2-8A20270D77FF.jpeg
6A4B6637-4697-4D6D-A452-282F375181E4.jpeg

Slap the cuffs on me!

Bluehair

Very Active Member
Those things must be really big when they finally lose their spots. :)

Cool. That young feller will enjoy those pics even more 50 years from now.

txhunter58

Long Time Member
They start them young in Alaska! He had already shot a black bear in Alaska when he came here. The 243 is a good gun for even big axis! Used a 300 win mag with a break for the bear😳

He has 3 grandsons. 2 of them have come already and the 3rd was scheduled to come this past April, but then Covid stepped in....

I have a soft spot for taking kids hunting. Just hoping we can complete the trio this coming April. I will probably go back to Alaska someday and hunt or fish with my friend up there, but if not, nothing lost, cause I am not swapping, just happen to have friends up there who also hunt/fish.

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Top Bottom