SW desert Deer

Sergio4195

Ive been applying for Pine valley general season for 4 years now and it seems like point creep is keeping me from hunting there. So i started to look at other units and according to gohunt with my points I have 100% chance at a tag in the SW desert unit. Anyone ever hunt that unit for deer? Just want a general idea about the unit and what to expect. I am a non-resident btw.

Ive been applying for Pine valley general season for 4 years now and it seems like point creep is keeping me from hunting there. So i started to look at other units and according to gohunt with my points I have 100% chance at a tag in the SW desert unit. Anyone ever hunt that unit for deer? Just want a general idea about the unit and what to expect. I am a non-resident btw.
I wouldn’t spend 4 points on SW desert it has a very low population of deer. Unless you plan to scout a lot.

Pine Valley, Zion, and panguitch creep thanks to increasing hunters coming to Utah from NV and CA.

Luckily I am a resident and normally draw a archery of muzzleloader tag every year.

Do a search on here, there are several threads about the SW unit. I wouldn't put in for it personally. There are nice bucks killed there every year but they are few and far between. As bad as the Beaver unit is now I would still put in for it before I put in for SWD.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom