SW Desert vs SR North goat hunt

Servehim

Very Active Member
Greetings guys, I'd appreciate some input from MM faithful. I'm seriously considering putting in for the muzzy hunt in SWD as opposed to holding out longer for SRN . Has either unit been hit harder this winter or both hit pretty hard? Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can help with. Jim

There has been quite a bit of snow on the desert this winter but I think the antelope are OK for the most part.
I don't know about SWD, but it seems that SRN gets picked over pretty good during the rifle hunt. There are still some nice goats around come the MZL Hunt but the top end is pretty well gone.

Thank you sir, leaning towards SWD as its got lots of country . Thinking I can find areas not heavily hunted to enjoy chasing a couple good ones

SWD is beyond enormous. Simply impossible to scout w/o breaking it up
into manageable sized pieces. Lack of all facilities/gas/etc... spent 8 days scouting in there with 2 rigs. Can honestly tell you lots of hidden water, ratio of speedgoats to land is minimal at best. Work the southern edge hard, from east to west. you will see 5 six point elk to every 75" antelope. Good luck. Buy a SPOT, your life may depend on it...

Thanks, haven’t scouted any thing there yet but it will be a summer project if that's the way I choose to go . Fyi, I switched from spot to Zoleo last year. Love that it's not just an emergency device but can text home when no cell available, $20-35 month and easy to deactivate in off season. Any chance I could get a couple starting point via PM ? Muchas Gracias

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom