Swagger òr ream

Captain_coues

Very Active Member
Hello,
What method are you using to defeat the military crimps for brass? I used to swage them. I started out with the RCBS primer pocket swagger die and bought the Frankford Arsenal swagger tool. Recently, I started reaming and I couldn’t be happier. It’s so fast and seems just as uniform too. Maybe more so. The RCBS die is the worst. It seems like it will ruin the press with the violence and force it endures when popping the casing off of the little cup on the bottom. Especially when you have hundreds to do.

I've swaged a few and never reamed a primer pocket but from your recommendation, I'll cut 'em (ream) now if I ever have to do a ton.

I've bought thousands of "worked over" LC brass so I've never really had to swage or ream to stay in copious amounts of brass/ammo.

Zeke

I've got a dillon primer pocket swager and it seems to work fine. What are you using for a reamer?

I bought two Hornady primer pocket cutter reamers from MidwayUSA. They screw right into the Lyman prep center I have.

B2E74F33-3E98-40C1-A6EC-9485C90FAAEC.jpeg

Okay I've got one of those but only used them with the screwdriver type handle. The dillon swager works good for me considering that's one of the reasons I had four boys in the first place ?. They get to do all the fun prep work if they want me to feed their AR's. I still might have to break down and get one of those prep centers.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom