Swaro ats 65mm vs 85mm

All depends on how much your going to pack it around. The 85 is big but the extra light gathering is great. If your glassing from the truck mainly I would go 85. I like the 65 since it’s not as bulky/ big and is excellent to use and much easier to vary. Both are clear and great glass

I use a 65, but I backpack into places a lot and don’t need anymore weight. I agree with the above post.....it depends on how much you expect to be packing it around on your back.
I’m an STS guy though.

Distance is a trade off, If the 65 does the trick great, if you have look farther then you best carry the one that you need and not worry about that extra weight. IMO
Liking my 85

I have a 65 STS and at times I think about switching to 15 power binos to ditch the spotter, but alas, I still pack the spotter and glad it isn't any bigger.

Hey thanks for the input
just a thing i noticed comparing specs on vortex and swaro is that the swaro 85mm is only 1.5 ounces heavier than the vortex razor 65mm im running right now so it may not be too much bulkier other than the larger objective obviously. I’m just pretty disappointed in my razor when i zoom all the way into to really look at a critter, the picture starts getting dark quickly (in decent lighting conditions).
Kinda why im leaning towards the 85mm but have never had the privilege to look thru a swaro to tell the difference ??‍♂️

Here's what I can say...

I have looked through the Vortex Razor 85 and the Swaro 80... both at 60 power while on a hunt, right at dusk...side by side.

And MY EYES couldn't tell a difference between the two..

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom