swaro z5 with turret

bodhi

considering this scope. any thoughts on the repeatability/accuracy with the turret system and swaro's ballistic calculator? Also, What are your thoughts sighting in at my elevation of 1200 ft. and then hunting at say, 6K feet? I realize the math works on paper but looking for some boots on the ground experiences.

thanks,
B

WVHUNTER

I have this scope, the one I have has the different colored rings. So it can be set for four distances. It seems to do okay as far as repeatability. I think I am at 100, 200, 300 and 400yds. For in between distances it has graduations but doesn't have numbers. So you might not call this a true ballistic turret. I call it Ballistic Turrets for dummies, not very complicated.

I don't know about Swaro's ballistic calculator but the information that came with mine about sighting in at 100yds and moving so many graduations to set the rings at other distances wasn't correct.

I don't know if that's the one you are looking at or not.

I have never had any issues sighting in at 2,500 ft and hunting at 7,000 to 9,000. Never saw anyone else have any issues either.

I should be at 200, 300, 400 and 500 but I had a good 100yd range to start on and I don't have a 500yd range.

WVHUNTER

I do like the scope, it's pretty simple. To shoot out to 500 yards I don't need ballistics charts or ballistics calculators. I just need to remember three numbers.

I am mostly just using three of the pre set rings, 200, 300 and 400.

350 yd shot, use 300 yd ring and hold over 4 inches

450 yd shot, use 400 yd ring and hold over 6 inches

500 yd shot, use 400 yd ring and hold over 14 inches.

I don't really plan to shoot any farther than that.

If I would change the settings to 200, 300, 400 and 500 I would only need to remember two numbers.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Top Bottom