Swaroski AR 6 x 18 x 50 scope

P

PAHunter68

Hey all,

I just purchased a new 6 x 18 x 50 Swaroski scope with TDS reticle. My question is how do I sight in the TDS reticle...I'm going to assume each line represents 100 yards. Correct? The scope will be mounted on a Weatherby Ultra light 300 MAG.

Thanks,

LAST EDITED ON Oct-20-05 AT 11:19AM (MST)[p]What I would do is sight the gun in for the distance you will be shooting. Example for a 300 mag, If you sighted in 3" high at 100 yards. That gives you a range of 25' to approximately 300' with no compensation for bullet drop. To answer your question about what the lines represent, you will have to figure the yardage out by shooting the gun. Every caliber and bullet size will make it different. 100 yards may be close for the first line, but the further you shoot the more you will have to compensate.

You need to get the Muzzle volicty of your particular load.. Then get the BC of the bullet.. Then call Swarovski and get the drop information. They will give you the corresponding hash mark to the yardage. Then (this is the most important) go and shoot your rifle at those ranges and write those ranges on the corresponding hash mark.. Make sure when you zero your rifle you have it set on the power level that corresponds with your scope. For example my swarovski 4-12x50 has to be on 12 power for the hash marks to work.. Its easy once you practice. Good luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom