Swarovoski 15 x 56 or Minox 15 x 58

Swarovoski 15 x 56

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

swarovoski is better but i have the minox and wont complain they have performed very well and are very clear, swarovski was out of my price range, do what you can afford to do.

Swaroski,s is the only one I know. But I have heard that the Minox are pretty good, I just haven't looked thru them yet.

I bought thw Swaros a month ago, with a 30 day no questions asked return policy. I figured I go scout a few times and find they weren't worth the $$ versus my spotting scope. Well I'm at 35 days, never took them back, and think they are the greatest for long distance scouting here out west. I still use the 15-45x spotter to judge, but for finding animals and early/late low light they are spectacular.

I tried both out on a tripod. The store I bought from let me take them outside and put side by side. I bought the Swarovoski pair but the Minox were pretty good too. Barely tell the difference, just slight, detail advantage in shade on distant hillside. I paid a premium price on a small difference but I use them extensively and have never regretted the purchase. The Minox I'm sure would have served as well. Just the advantage of looking with both eyes over extended glassing periods is worth it. I use a spotting scope for confirming far out spots and detail trophy judging and score estimating. My next goal is saving my pennies for the Leica model with a built in rangerfinder. Probably a 8 or 10x and still use the 15x for extended glassing even though the Leicas do come in a 15x.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom