Swarovski 15X56

N

nitro

I've decided to replace my Zeiss 15x with the Swaro's. I've been searching the web for prices and seem to get two versions of the 15X56, the WB-SLC and ER-SLC, does anyone know the difference between these. I've found one site with a very low price on the 15X56 WB-SLC, due to the price I am hesitant to make the purchase.

There isn't a difference between the binos. Which pair of ziess do you have? The only difference if you order outa a catalog or somthing is that swarovski might send you a tripod or somthing. That's about the only DIfference. I went down to the bass pro shop that just opened here in vegas and to be honest I could not find a single difference in the clearness / brightness of the binos.

-Cass

is the place that has a cheap price on 15x56 wb slc howbuyselectronics.com if so, i called bearbasin and asked them to price match and they say that those binos do not come with a warranty.
CASey

Casey, It was hotbuyselectronics.com, I had my suspicions regarding the warrenty, I emailed them, but I haven't heard back yet! With the price they are asking, you know there must be a catch.

Go with BearBasin.com they are an authorized dealership for Swarovski and other brands.
If you go to the Swarovski website as stated above, when you get the website look for the "auth. dealers locations" when you click on your state, type in your zipcode, it will give you a list of stores that are legit.

Brian

ER stands for "extended range", technically there is no such thing as a 15x56 SLC but it is part of the SLC family of products ( 10x42 SLC, 8x30 SLC, etc...)

By the way, once you have talked to everyone else you should call the Outdoorsman at 1-800-291-8065. They will meet or beat every price and they have everything you need in the way of tripods and other accessories.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-09-04 AT 02:02PM (MST)[p]Be very careful buying low priced Swarovski stuff. Some retailers sell 2 and 3 year old stuff for new. I purchased a spotter at a screaming price but it had dust and smudges all over it and was missing a lense cap. It looked used but was sold as new. When I got it home I called Swarovski customer service and asked if there was any way to tell when the piece was manufactured. They said the first two numbers in the serial number plus 30 tell you what year it was manufactured. I later found out the person who told me that got in trouble for it. These were made in 02 (eyepiece) and 03 (body).

Long story short, with some convincing the retailer gave me a refund and I went to Outdoorsmans. I purchased the 20-60 Swarovski spotter from them and they gave me the lowest advertised price (in Eastmans HJ) even though thier price had gone up $50, plus they sell so much they had every model in stock including the Swarovski cover which was hard to find elsewhere. I was very happy with Outdoorsmans and they sold me a NEW scope.

"When you're with nature, flowing with the power of the earth, that's when you burst forth as a person." -- Christian Johnson

Chris D.
I was told that the green-bodied SLC's are covered by the warranty, and the black-bodied binos are the grey market ones. Is this true?

Doug/RedRabbit

i have heard the same thing about the black ones. hotbuyselectronics.com does not come with a warranty, i called bearbasin and asked them to price match that and the guy said that was with no warranty. i would just go with bearbasin.com unless you are from cali, or the outdoorsmans, they are the nicest and most knowledgeable guys ever.
Casey

The black are sold by the same authorized dealers as the green for the same price. They must have the same warrantee.

Mark

Get the warranty. Outdoorsmans IS awesome! The only difference in the black and green bino's is the color. Goodluck on your purchase. You won't be sorry with swaro's. fatrooster.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom