Swarovski 65 spotter????

just_a_hunter

LAST EDITED ON Apr-20-08 AT 08:08PM (MST)[p]How much difference is there between the regular 65mm and the High Definition 65mm besides the $600.00 price.

In your oppinion, is the HD that much better?

Thanks,

Todd

I will use it to take photos. Only for record keeping though. Nothing magazine or calender quality though.

Thanks for your time.

I will use that other $600 and buy the camera adapter.

Thanks,

Todd

when i had talked with them about it, they told me the same thing. its better if your going to take pictures. they said that it brings out the colors better. ive never taken any pictures with mine, so this is hear-say.

t

Go with the 80. Better lite gathering, so clearer images. I owned the older style 65HD and personnally liked it. (Don't own it anymore) What type of camera will you be placing on it? Swarovski glass is good, so if you just looking for quality prints to view I believe the non-HD will do just fine. But if you putting an expensive camera to it then the HD will do the photos justice.

Be careful on the better light gathering part. Yes, they gather more light at the 80mm bell, but the body is longer, further for it to travel, therefore, I will guess and say they're about equal for light gathering. I had a reputable camera/optic guy tell me the smaller one actually does better work in low light conditions!!! Something to think about.

if the 65 does better in low light why would anyone buy an 80? does anyone have any input on this? I have been planning on buying an 80 just for long distance, low light, high power use, but would much rather have the smaller lighter one in my pack.

I'm going with the smaller lighter one (65mm)

Even at 65mm the Swaro is better then 99% of the 80mm in other brands.

Thanks once again for all the thoughts.

Todd

I am probably going to get harassed by the dedicated 80mm guys but here goes.

I recently bought a 65ATS after about two months of dedicated research and side by side comparison. Cabela's will take any scope you want to look through outside and let you sit there for as long as you like. I did this twice and had both the HD and regular scopes in both sizes all lined up towards the end of the day in low light.

My conclusions:
1. My eyes could not tell a difference between the HD and regular glass PERIOD. I also have been told a camera can.

2. The only time I noticed a light difference between the two scopes was low light at high zoom (50-60X)but there wasn't a big difference.

3. Everything I looked at outside(natural light) through the 80 scopes were just as crisp and clear through the 65 scopes.

4. Indoors the 80 scopes seemed slightly brighter that the 65 through the whole range which leads me to think the 80 does give you a brighter picture but in natural light it was hard to tell.

I personally couldn't tell enough difference between the two to justify the higher price. I am going to use my while hiking and hunting so I bought the 65mm. If a person was going to primarily use it from glassing points and glass long range without a lot of packing and hiking the 80 scope would probably fit the bill better.
?Here?s to the hero's that Git-R-Done!!?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom