Swarovski Atx or?

CFMuley

I’ve been saving up for a Swarovski ATX, and am planning on buying it in the next few weeks. I like the ability to change out the objectives depending on what my needs are at the time. I know you can’t go wrong with a Swaro, but I’m wondering if the atx/stx are really worth the extra money over Swarovskis other spotters. Or, if there’s other spotters in the same class that I’m overlooking. What do you guys think?

I’m a die hard swaro guy and went from the ats to the atx. The ability to swap objectives along with having the ability to run the Btx is slick. I run the 65mm in the pack and then 95 for the truck/short hikes. You honestly can’t go wrong if it’s in your budget. The ats to atx comparison is a lot like the slc/el line. The ats is damn good but the atx is even better in my opinion.

If you are actually planning on buying the different objectives and using them I would go with the ATX based on the versatility. If you are not going to be switching the regular Swaro line would be great. The other spotters I would look at would be Zeiss Harpia. Kowa 880 series or Leica Televids. I had an atx with the idea that I was going to switch objectives for what I needed.... I ended up never switching objectives so I sold it and just bought a Ats 65hd

I had the ATS and ATX 65's together side by side before I sold the ATS and I could not tell a difference with my eyes and I really tried to see a difference. I kept the ATX because I want the latest and best technology for digiscoping. Also, the ability to switch from 65 objective from backpack hunting to 95 objective for truck hunting is a great option. And the BTX is phenomenol. BTX was not a need for me but just a want but after using it last season its tough to make myself use single eye spotter. Another thing to consider with the ATX system is that Swarovski could dream up some other kind of attachment in the future. Maybe a rangefinding eye piece. Maybe a zoom BTX. Maybe a generator (just kidding). But even if they don't come out with new attachments its already a home run system. fatrooster.

I have the ATX as well as the BTX piece. It is a lot of $$ but I'm pleased with the products.

There actually is a little difference in weight between the ATS and ATX. The ATX is a bit heavier in weight. It's nice that the ATX "folds" up smaller though. My preference is the straight lens. I can locate game a chunk quicker with straight by lining up the scope with the exact location of the animal. Also I don't like the idea of having my head above my spotting scope when viewing game. I'm that much higher than the horizon where they can see me moving around. Guys that use angled say it's easier on their neck but that's the only benefit I can see.

I owned a ATX 95, Sold it on here, and kept my Zeiss 85 FL. Then the Zeiss Harpia 95 came out. Again, I bought it and compared with the older 85. The Harpia is without a doubt the finest spotter my eyes have ever looked through. Field of view is absolutely awesome. It also has a fast and fine focus, Swarovski don't. Take them both out side by side and see how much easier it is to find your target and get a fine focus with them together. Now if you have to have the BTX option, its the only one available. Just my opinion.

I have a Btx 95mm with magnifier love it but honestly other than the field of view is greater the clarity of a 65 ats is very comparable. Side by side comparison this last archery season.

I’ve been saving up for a Swarovski ATX, and am planning on buying it in the next few weeks. I like the ability to change out the objectives depending on what my needs are at the time. I know you can’t go wrong with a Swaro, but I’m wondering if the atx/stx are really worth the extra money over Swarovskis other spotters. Or, if there’s other spotters in the same class that I’m overlooking. What do you guys think?
If you were already saving for the best might as well get the best.

My wife took my BTX away from me and won't let me use it.
20190721_200740.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom