Swarovski binoculars on Ebay

J

jaybob

My buddy pointed out that on Ebay, there are a few people selling new Swarovski EL's for $500. I'm pretty suspicios of this but was wondering of anyone has more information. I would appreciate hearing from anyone that knows more (factual). Thanks.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is....

Those listing on Ebay are a scam through and through! Anytime you see someone wanting you to pay with a Western Union transfer only, run the other way as fast as you can!

I can pretty much guarantee you won't find NIB EL's from an authorized Swarovski dealer for less than about $1800.00 for the 8.5x or 10x42's, and $1550.00 or so for the 32mm's.

Even used EL's that are on the up and up bring $1300.00 to $1500.00....

Usually they are not legit ebayers. If anywhere it says to contact them directly and they give an email address, want a cashiers check, and ask you not go through the "Contact the Seller" on the ebay listing, they are trying to take your money.
Half the time, even if you respond, ebay internal security will send you a warning email.

They can even copy a legit ebay users id and rating and put they're own item in it's place.

They target high end optics, atvs, cameras, and probably tons of other items.

Ed

I saw the same thing with the Swaro spotting scopes. $500 sent through Western Union. I looked at their user names and ratings just to see what they said, and they definately had copied other users profiles. One lady had only previously sold crafts and things like that and was from Califonia, whereas the money was to be sent to Europe. Maybe she was on vacation, yeah right. Like it has been said before, if it is too good to be true is probably is.

I bought my EL's on EBAY 8.5 x 42 for $1200 if you are looking for the cost. I sent Swarovski a letter with the serial number and they said it had never been registered and registered the warranty under my name.

Texas Hunter,

No doubt there's deals out there, but they're more the exception than the rule, and a person has to be extremely cautious in who they deal with. There's always some risk involved when buying on Ebay, but a little common sense goes a long ways.

As previously mentioned, if someone is offering NIB EL's for $500.00-$600.00 and they want you contact them directly, not through Ebay's system, and they want payment via a Western Union money transfer, run as fast as you can in the other direction!

I buy and sell a few high-end binos, scopes, and knives as a hobby and I've made some amazing deals, but like I said, they're pretty hard to come by....YMMV

You can eliminate risk when buying off of ebay by doing 4 things:
1) Buy from people with a long and positive record
2) only contact them through ebay
3) only use PayPal
4) only pay with a credit card on Paypal

If the first 2 fail, you have recourse through PayPal (which I have used) and you get you money back within 15 days.

If Paypal can't get your money back you can always do a chargeback on your credit card

With all that said, don't believe you can get Swaros for $500!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom