Swarovski NL Pure 12x42's?

elkhunterUT

Very Active Member
Has anyone pulled the trigger on the Swarovski NL Pure 12x42 binos and used them yet? Would love your impressions and any feedback on whether or not they are worth the price tag. I am pretty sure I know the answer, but gotta talk myself into spending that money:ROFLMAO:

Has anyone pulled the trigger on the Swarovski NL Pure 12x42 binos and used them yet? Would love your impressions and any feedback on whether or not they are worth the price tag. I am pretty sure I know the answer, but gotta talk myself into spending that money:ROFLMAO:
Bought a pair on Saturday. Absolutely Love them. Probably don’t need my El 10s or slc 15s anymore. It’s the best of both worlds.

1EAA3692-E1BC-48EF-A4E8-34DF330E24CD.jpeg

That is what I am thinking - best all around bino. Small enough to handle free hand and amazing on a tripod. Not much need for a 10 or 15 bino any longer with the FOV and magnification of the NL 12x42. I think I have convinced myself :ROFLMAO:

I got mine from Outdoorsmans two days ago. I will be selling my EL 10x42s.
All the over-the-top reviews are right on about the NLs.The ergonomics are a game-changer. They are lighter and simply feel like an extension of your hand. For that reason, I can hold them much more steady than my 10x ELs.
The field of view is incredible even with the 12x. Another game-changer.
Finally, the contrast and edge-to-edge clarity are definitely a step up from the ELs, though not by leaps and bounds.
Be sure and follow the instructions on getting the proper diopter setting. It’s not intuitive but it works. Also, find the right eyecup setting for your eyes. These are both key to getting the most out these binoculars.
All in all, the NLs have to be experienced to be believed. If you try them, you will figure out a way to buy them. They are truly revolutionary

Thanks for the info-I finally looked through a pair of 12x42’s the other day at Cabelas and my wallet is going to be in trouble here soon. They are an amazing piece of glass and definitely measured up to the hype.

I'm a big Swaro fan (I've got four pairs of Swaro binos in the safe) but I guess I'm an outlier here. I didn't think they were worth the jump. I really wanted to sell my 10x50s and 15x56s and get a single pair of 12s to cover both, but I was disappointed.

They're not as bright as the 10s and not as magnified as the 15s but I was hoping they were good enough to be a compromise, but I couldn't see it. I'll stick with what I have.

I'm a big Swaro fan (I've got four pairs of Swaro binos in the safe) but I guess I'm an outlier here. I didn't think they were worth the jump. I really wanted to sell my 10x50s and 15x56s and get a single pair of 12s to cover both, but I was disappointed.

They're not as bright as the 10s and not as magnified as the 15s but I was hoping they were good enough to be a compromise, but I couldn't see it. I'll stick with what I have.
Youre honestly the first person I’ve seen/heard that isn’t absolutely in love them. I guess our eyes are different because the NL 12s were a considerable upgrade from my EL 10s.

I am hoping they come out with 12 X 50 NL. Then I think I will get a pair. I sure liked the 12 X 42 that I looked through.

Anything in the way of a tripod adapter? Other than the over the bino strap I had the same p

I did find that Outdoorsman makes a “post” style adapter, but I was needing a “threaded type” like most binos that accept a 1/4”x20 thread.

So I made one!!! Actually I made 50. If anyone is needing one reach out. I’m gonna sell them for $40. I’m not looking to go into business or anything like that….just figured I’d help some likeminded folks out & I was already making one, so might as well make 50.

The adapter I made is 7075 aluminum just like the T20 torx that is currently in the end of the binos & is anodized black. You just remove the T20 torx screw & install the adapter. It has 1/4”x20 thread in the other end with a broached T20 inside it & accepts the screw type adapters. Installs in minutes.

You can email me with any questions.
[email protected]
Anything in the way of a tripod adapter? Other than the over the bino strap style?

I’ve got 8’s and 12’s. They’re incredible. The color is unlike anything I’ve ever seen in any binocular. The 8’s are finding their way onto my tripod more then I woulda guessed, especially for big stuff like elk and moose in mornings and evening when they are moving and I want a big field of view.

Do you all sell drugs? Good for you guys! I'm saving for a pair, looked through some the other day. They are siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

I haven’t checked them out yet. They sound really good. Do they have a build in rangefinder?

I haven’t checked them out yet. They sound really good. Do they have a build in rangefinder?
No you’d have to go with the EL ranges to have a range finder. I’ve never honestly been a fan of the rangefinding binos because the added weight and awkward ergonomics. I ran the zeiss victory RF’s for a while and they were very impressive but didn’t stack up the sheer horse power of the NLs. NL12s with the revic br4 rangefinder is my go to right now.

I sure am impressed with the Leica rangefinder bino combo. They certainly don't feel heavy nor awkward. Now that I have the combo there is no way I would hunt without them! It's super fast getting a reading and I don't have to lug around both a rangefinder plus binos.

I bet the 12x plus rangefinder is a chunk heavier than a combo? I'm certain over time having the combo could be the difference between getting an animal or missing out due to the time savings fumbling back and forth.....or missing a shot because you didn't think you had time to pull out your rangefinder to get a distance reading!

If they would build a NL 12 with rangefinder I'd be in, even if the want wayyyyyy too much money. I would be so nice to have THE 1 and done optic

I compared the ELs and NLs both in 10x42s at Bass Pro a couple weeks ago. I guess my eyes are different too, because I couldn’t see a grand difference. At some point, it’s just not worth the upgrade, and to my eyes, this upgrade in vision quality is slight.

that's why I think the 12's are the best NL's......I don't think the EL's are any better than the SLC's

The beauty of the NL 12’s is that you get 2x more magnification than the 10’s in glass that you can hold steady and use comfortably in your hands and the larger FOV is as good or better than most 10x binos. It really can be the do-it-all bino with the best optical quality available.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom