Swarovski Spotter?

quickdrawkinker

I found a Swarovski Spotting scope on hotbuyselectronics.com and I have never seen this scope before and was wondering if any of you guys have?
425d4f535bbcde4d.jpg

The price is around $1000 for both the 20-60X eyepiece and the 80mm body. This scope doesn't look like anything I've seen, but I'm not sure what the older models look like.

For sure,a "Angled" 80mm of a few years back.Still a Quality Spotter,but the angle needs getting used to,most will tell that have used them.When "NEW" in box probally sold for $1200-1300,pay half that now and You have a "BUY",but rember YOUR spotter is only as GOOD as the tripod its on,with the $$$.00 You save put it on a Sportsmen Tripod,You won't be disappoited ---

Found the info and here is the difference between this older model and the newer one like the ATS 80 and green in color.

The one pictured above weighs: 51.9 oz and is 16" long.
The newer model is: 45.9 oz and is 14" long.

Brian

Thanks for digging up the info for me Brian. Do you know if there is a difference in the quality of the glass and components? Is the older model considered hi-definition? Looks like it might be a good deal if the glass is the same grade.

I really don't know what the difference would or is between these two Scopes. I would think that the newer one, I have one, is a better quality glass and coating. But I'm sure there is probably nothing wrong with that older version either. Too bad you can't find one and compair it to a newer one.

Brian

Be care with this outfit. I almost ordered some binocs from them, but found they have a less then average customer satisfaction rating. Just my .02

Yeah, I have heard that they are not the greatest to deal with, I almost wonder if they deal in Gray Market goods or????? Like mentioned earlier, if it sounds to good to be true....

Good friend purchased a pair of Swarovski Binocs from them at a good price but found out after contacting Swarovski they are gray market and have no warranty. Get the serial number off the item you are thinking of purchasing and call Swarovski and ask them about it. If HotBuys won't supply it then you should have your answer.

Those dimensions that Brian put up are the "body" only. The eyepiece will add at least 4 inches.

JB

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

I have that spotting scope. My son has the new version we have sent them up together, could not tell any different.

Bowedark

AZ BIGGAME is right about half of the new price and it will be a good deal. 1000 is a little strong for a used older model. My buddy has this model and it works great and is just as clear as the new model.

I've compared both the new and the old styles in 80mm side by side at dusk. Optically very similar. I own the new one and must say I did not perceive an advantage with the newer optics. The only advantage of the newer one is the weight and size savings. If what you are looking at is new and has warranty, I'd jump all over it. I think I paide 1800+ for the new model. I probably would have paid $900 for the older model assuming its new and has the warranty. I would not pay that if its is a gray market product.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom