Swarovski Spotting Scope Question

R

roger

Can someone please explain to me the difference in Swarovski regular and HD spotting scopes. Is the difference worth the extra cost?

It is worth it if you are taking photo's through the scope. If not it is a waste of money.

JB

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

Roger, supposedly it brings out the colors a bit better. I looked through both and thought the color stood out a bit better in the HD, but not enough that I could/would drop an extra $500-$700 on the HD. I'm not into digiscoping yet, so maybe in the future. I am happy with my "regular" Swaro 80. I hope this helps.

Good luck,
Dave

>Can someone please explain to me
>the difference in Swarovski regular
>and HD spotting scopes.
>Is the difference worth the
>extra cost?

Roger,
The benefit of the HD is that you get a higher resolution and better color saturation. In digiscoping it is the prefered version. When not using it for digiscoping the benefit would be seeing colors better and slightly better image quality in shaded areas.
If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
212-753-5128
[email protected]

Roger, if you have the extra money get the HD, then if you ever want to take pictures you will be set up to do it, with the addition of the camera of coarse. Since digital cameras seem to be the future and they are light and easy to carry it will allow you to take pictures when hunting which I think would be really neet. I plan to take mine to NWT next summer to try and capture the animals and the trip as well as possible. I have a Swarovski that is not HD and in hunting situations I do not think you will notice the differance. I also have a Zeiss that has the FL coating for taking pictures, but it is heavy and I will not carry it on all hunts. If I had bought the Swarovski HD originally I would only have one. I say go with the best of the top of the line, which is what you are looking at, and you will not regret it. Good Luck.

Bought the HD and sent it back. I honestly cant tell the difference. As been explained, if you are a digiscoper you may notice the difference in your pictures. As for me, I use it primarly for taking a closer look at game that I have already spotted with my binos. A lot of useful stuff can be bought with the $700 you'll save. Not worth the extra money IMO.

Mike

Thanks to all for your input. I purchased the Swarovksi 80mm HD. I plan to try it out on a sheep scouting trip at the end of the month. If I get some decent pictures I will post them here. Thanks again for the info.

Roger

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom