Swarovski upgrade

hornkiller

Long Time Member
I bought a swarovski 95mm around a month ago and going from an HD 80mm that was a 20-60 to a new 30-70 is a huge difference imo! It has affected my glassing style. Country that I'm used to scanning rather quickly on 20 power is more difficult starting out on 30 power now! It takes more time and im finding it harder to run a thorough grid on the mnt. I run swaro 15's around my neck so it's not that big of a deal on the closer stuff. Not sure if I just need to spend more time behind the new glass or jump back down to the new 85mm? I'm wondering why swaro didn't allow the option on running a 20-60 or a 30-70 eye piece on the 95mm? Don't get me wrong this new scope is bad to the bone and don't let my review stop you from jumping on one!
Just a heads up it's alot different starting out at the higher magnification!

I remember times when I thought 20 power was too much, lol. But I'm with ya. I got the 95 atx but I also have the BTX. I got this specifically for looking across huge distance of private land at public land from the highway. I really haven't used it a great deal but its great for those long distances. I definitely have found animals at very long range with this set up. For shorter distances I pull out the 65mm objective lens and as you know my style of hunting is mostly backpacking. So I still use the 65 more often. It would not be feasible for me to take the 95 backpack hunting. So short distances and backpacking I use the 65 with single eyepiece. For truck scouting or hunting from the road looking long distance I use the btx with 95 and have the single eye piece ready to change out on the 95 for zooming in if need be. Kind of a pain but it has found me more deer for sure. Hope this helps and I hope you're doing good my friend. You are welcome to call if you want to talk about it more. fatrooster

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom