SXS gun transport

jgriffin82

How are the Kolpin stronghold gun boots? I have a few friends that use the older style and they seem to work well for transporting rifles. However, I've seen a few negative reviews regarding the protection provided by latest version of the Kolpin gun boots. Can someone provide first hand experience regarding these? Thanks

Jim

I'm a fan of the old style Gun Boot, and use one in my Kawasaki Teryx. I strap mine in on the passenger side, with the muzzle end down in the foot well. Very tough, and provide substantial protection, but they can be a PIA. The impact padding doesn't stay stuck in very well, and can become caught by a rifle that has a sling on it. Most can't handle a stock with any kind of bipod on it either. I only like mine for transporting my gun into the hunting area, and out 12 hours later. They keep the dust out well. I have not seen any of the Stronghold cases mounted in a SxS yet.

I've been using the Seizmik overhead gun racks the last couple of seasons. I put my rifles in a gun sock or rifle cover, then strap them in. They have worked really well.

Thanks guys. I'm going to look at the seizmik gun racks. The rifles don't need to be easy to access, just secure for transport to and from trailheads.

Not long ago I bought a 2 gun bag that attaches to the back of my can am commander. Carries my ar with a scope and a shotgun. Only downfall is I can't see out the back but I got sideview mirrors to solve that.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom