Tag Grab Watchdogs

AZStickman

With the New legislative session beginning,I am forming a group of tag grab watch dogs. Last year we all saw how AZSFW attempted to take hold in AZ with the Utah SFW tag auction model. We were successful in thwarting their effort, thanks in large to members of this site. The folks involved in the AZ tag grab left the table last year with their tails tucked, but vowing to get their way, and I know they will be trying again this year.

The best way to fight this type of legislation is to become aware of it at the Bill stage and fight it in committee, in both the house and Senate, to prevent it from ever getting passed on to the committee as a whole, or the Governor.

In Arizona we have the Arizona Legislative Information System (ALIS) http://www.azleg.gov/ which allows registered users to track bills as they are sponsored and introduced to committees in both house and Senate. It also allows users to register to comment in committee on the Bills, although it is best to be at the committee hearing in person, every voice counts.

I am looking for a group of folks who care enough about this issue to register with the ALIS system to watch for tag auction bills as they are introduced so that we can keep a high level of visibility on any action that might be initiated starting at the very earliest stages. Registration requires a one time visit to the capitol to use the registration Kiosk. I would see this group participating in a conference call once a week to talk and report.

If you are interested in helping out either send a PM or e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks
Terry

Terry, I've been watching the legislature and prefiled bills for close to a months now. There have been just under 100 bills filed. When HB 2072 was filed last session we knew about it within 24 hrs and the short battle was on. We killed the bill within 4 days. Alan Hamberlin pulled his fundind for AZSFW and Suzanne Gilstrap folded her tent and moved to Oklahoma. Call me this afternoon 928-314-3890. I'd like to discuss this.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-13 AT 11:35AM (MST)[p]Terry,

Thanks much for this idea. Two weeks ago I dug up an old thread on the CWT political forum seeking an update on this groups status, and the replies all claimed the key perpetrators were disbanded and revived bill efforts dropped permanently. Nothing against the repondants, but I don't know them. SFW has proven they can never be trusted. A big part of their formula includes outfitter recruitment (see Mossy Oak) and game and fish board "plants". Do you know anything about this?

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/32058-azsfw-and-hb2072/

Is there anything us nonresidents can do to contribute at this point? Last March I was able to help out by securing the KTVK interviews with Allen Taylor, and then Jerry Weiers. Eager to help out again if there's anything I can do.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & the SFW Hate Club

Wasn't this the primary reason for organizing the Sportsmen's Constituent Group? Last I heard Don McDowell was responsible for legislative issues and had access to the G&F legislative liaison. He would be made aware of any bill well before it become public. What's the status Allen Taylor?

sagebrush.... That's great that the SCG is tracking this. I don't see any harm in teaching as many people as I can how to track this as well. The more eyes we have watching the better, the more people who know how to engage as individuals the better..... I can tell you from experience when a single person appears to comment in committee they listen..... You also don't have to be associated with a group to talk with Tony Guiles at G&F..... Terry

terry, I actually have organized something similar in concept. shoot me an email or phone call so we can increase the public awareness. I will let you know what sportsmen's constituent group is doing.... Thanks, Allen Taylor......

i may be interested - after last yrears feasco- i learned a lot about watchin these bozo's

2- not related to hunting

senate bill -- 2032-civil union- same as gay marriage

1044 - lets illeagls get drivers license

hopefully the governor is watching these 2

LAST EDITED ON Jan-15-13 AT 11:17PM (MST)[p]Take a look at SB1049. Bans guns in universities.
SB1050 bans hi-cap magazines. The Dems. are at it again.

Stay alert.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom