tag question jan to dec?

Blacktailslayer

LAST EDITED ON Apr-13-16 AT 12:27PM (MST)[p]If I buy a license & tag for AZ archery Coues hunt, the nonpermit hunt tag (usually hunt January).

Can I apply in June draw for that following fall's rifle draw tag? Or does that count as a 2nd deer tag? Any help on how it works?

Sorry if it sounds confusing, as it is to me too. I'm also a nonres, I don't know if that matters.

Thanks in Advance!

Blacktailslayer

>LAST EDITED ON Apr-13-16
>AT 12:27?PM (MST)

>
>If I buy a license &
>tag for AZ archery Coues
>hunt, the nonpermit hunt tag
>(usually hunt January).
>
>Can I apply in June draw
>for that following fall's rifle
>draw tag? Or does that
>count as a 2nd deer
>tag? Any help on how
>it works?
>
>Sorry if it sounds confusing, as
>it is to me too.
>I'm also a nonres, I
>don't know if that matters.

>
>
>Thanks in Advance!
>
>Blacktailslayer

You can archery deer hunt in Jan however if you kill a buck then you can't apply for a tag for fall hunt. You can apply for bonus point though.
You are only allowed one deer per year.

If you archery hunt in Jan but don't kill a buck then you can apply for fall draw hunt. You can have two tags in same year but only allowed to kill one buck per year.
If you put in and draw a rifle tag you can also archery hunt in August if you purchase non permit tag but if you kill a buck in archery season then your rifle tag is void.

Really?? That seems strange. If you don't get your archery buck validated how would anyone know and you theoretically could kill two deer that year?

Either way thanks for the help dirtbag! Much appreciated!

>Really?? That seems strange. If you
>don't get your archery buck
>validated how would anyone know
>and you theoretically could kill
>two deer that year?
>
>Either way thanks for the help
>dirtbag! Much appreciated!

It's called hunter ethics.......

Oh I completely understand the concept. Im not sure if you're insinuating I would do that, I'm hoping you're not.

Now, have you met 2/3rds of society? It just seems like AZ wouldn't leave it up to honor system. Yes there is plenty of honest hunters out there and that makes me proud to be amoung them, but there is a lot out there who would abuse it is all I was getting at...

Thanks for your time.

No, I was not implying you would do that. I should have made that clear. Az runs this situation on the honor system unfortunately I'm sure there are ones that don't abide by it.

Good luck to you this year!

Greg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom