TAG RETURN QUESTION

YukonDall

Long Time Member
CAN A GUY RETURN A DEER TAG, FORFEIT HIS MONEY TO COLORADO F&G...?..AND STILL EARN A POINT FOR 2019. THIS SEEMS A BIT GREY TO SOME PEOPLE. I WLL CALL THEM TODAY FOR CLARIFICATION, THANKS...??????.YD. ( I READ THE F&G BOOKLET BUT I STILL HAVE A COUPLE OF CONCERNS).

LAST EDITED ON Jul-03-19 AT 07:47AM (MST)[p]You will not gain a point, you will only retain your points pre draw and forfeit the tag fee. Pretty clear in #3. Any other concerns?

9401620190703074234.jpg

#livelikezac

THANKS DW, JUST CALLED F&G AND GOT THE EXACT ANSWER. TWO OF US ARE GOING HUNTING THIS YEAR. I AM EXCITED !!!!!

THANKS AGAIN,...?...YD.

So along those lines if you put in for "ghost points" as your first choice and then picked up a deer tag off the leftover list would you still gain a point for 2019?

Leftover and OTC licenses don't affect your points.

I drew my second choice pronghorn and gained a point.

>So along those lines if you
>put in for "ghost points"
>as your first choice and
>then picked up a deer
>tag off the leftover list
>would you still gain a
>point for 2019?

Only 1st choice, first draw, generate or consume pp's.

#livelikezac

LAST EDITED ON Jul-04-19 AT 07:16AM (MST)[p]So to be clear:

If you draw a tag on a first choice and turn it back in, you can return the tag, let them keep your money, and get your points back. But only the points you had already, not a point for this year.

However, if you drew a tag as a second choice, you can turn your tag back in, get a refund on the tag, and still keep your points including one for this year. Doesn't matter if you put in for PPs or a tag on your first choice. As long as you didn't draw your first choice, you are good as far as points go no matter what you do.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I AM NOT SURE ABOUT THE SECOND CHOICE SITUATION, 1ST CHOICE YOU ARE CORRECT. I WOULD THINK THAT EVEN 2ND CHOICE YOU COULD NOT EARN A POINT FOR THIS YEAR......AGAIN JUST MY GUESS. I ONLY HAD 0NE CHOICE TO HUNT ON MY APPLICATION.

THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP...????...YD.

YD this is clear as I can make it, ONLY first choice, first draw generate or consume points.

#livelikezac

Yukon

Think of it this way: when you draw a second choice tag you have earned a new point for that year already. So no matter what you do with your tag, you already have the new point for this year. Even if you return the tag there is nothing to restore as you already have your points + 1 for this year.

Example: you go into this years draw with 4 points and draw a tag as a second choice. You now have 5 points AND a tag. If you turn this tag back in for a refund, you still have 5 points

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

>Am I not reading it correct?
>It says you can get
>a refund minus $15 processing
>fee.

Yes, but you can only get your $ or your points back. You cant get both.

#livelikezac

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom