tag turn in??

fullcurl74

Question. I have a few other hunts to go on that came up in recent draws, so now I'm actually hoping I don't draw the antelope tag in Wyoming.

Is there any way to withdraw this late in the game, or turn a tag back in if I do draw?

I know, it's a good problem to have, but I'd rather delay a WY antelope for at least a year.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-07-10 AT 10:17AM (MST)[p]You would have to act real fast and get it done and in the mail real soon. Reasons for withdrawal need to be submitted. Not sure about this years brochure but for 2009 it was on PAGE 44 the form that you need to fill out and get sent back in 15 days before the draw.
Go to the website and look for FORM 16
http://gf.state.wy.us/downloads/pdf/10Apps/10NRWithdrawalInfo.pdf
Brian
http://i41.tinypic.com/xvvgp.jpg[/IMG]

Had the same problem a couple years ago and I could not cancel and get a refund ,so i went and got to antelope hunt for one day and took a decent buck on my way to southern Colorado elk hunting.
Hope it works out for you.

The deadline for tag withdrawal was June 1st this year. I am in the same situation this year and missed the withdrawal date by one day. I called and spoke to them at the f&g office and they wouldn't budge on the date. I thought I had plenty of time because I though the reg's said that you can withdraw 15 days prior to the draw. It was explained to me that you have 15 business days prior to the draw date to withdraw your application. The draw date this year is set for June 21st. Hope this helps.

Thanks to all for the information. I figured it was probably too late, but worth a try. I won't complain about Wyoming's draw, because I think Wyoming's got a good product to offer, and I'm taking advantage of it from out of state, but it sure is a long time from the application date to the results for deer & antelope. Several other drawings have come and gone during that period. I'm sure there are reasons for it.

I'll sit back and see what happens. Maybe I won't draw, and then I can plan for it better next year.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom