Taker Buck or No???

Founder

Founder Since 1999
Is this one a taker for you? What do you think he’ll gross?

6E0380A6-7D6D-4730-836C-1371B20F6671.jpeg
E0422408-5C95-44E7-A8B8-C68106AC0206.jpeg

Boy, this is a tough one. That's a really great deer. He's got just about everything you want. From the video I can't tell how old he is though. My gut is telling me he is 5. If he is in that age group he is going to score 180-182. If I am wrong and he is in that 7+ age class then he is going to be just shy of 190. He isn't finished out and he will ad a little more in tine length.

Its a tough call but if you think he is only 5 then you might want to let him go. A buck like that at 5 can be a 200 inch typical in 2 more years under decent conditions. If you think he is already 7, let the air out of him. If you get better pics or better video with some side body profiles or close ups of his face please post them. I would love to get some more angles of him.

As usual, thanks for sharing.

I think yes Taker. And winner winner chicken dinner on the scouting pic contest. With those flowers all around it. Pretty cool pic!

Taker for me, I do think about 180. With that velvet he looks heavier than he will finish. Good 5yr old my guess, but I don't know much.

Nice, and what he's lacking in width, he makes up for with height. Knocking on 180...and hopefully grow more.

I would guess he is about 175-178 right now. His main beams look to be done growing but his other three tines look like they are still growing. If they put on another inch that could push him to mid 80's by the time he is done.
Nice buck!

Good enough for me - no regrets at all after I walk up on him. Funny how he bedded in the wildflowers. He must be above tree-line. Not a lot of shade up there.

I’d go 180”+ for sure, I’d say shooter!! I’m betting if others know his whereabouts he’s dead so if ya want him I’d try for him cause not everyone will let him go to get to next level!! Just sayin ?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom