Taking a bow into mexico

NVMDF

Hey there Gents and Lady?s,
Wondering if anyone can tell me if a gun permit is required to take a bow into Mexico? Any help is very appreciated!

Thanks, NVMDF

I saw tv shows with people bowfishing offshore in Mexico. It looked like fun. I fish the coast of Sonora every year so I researched the rules as best I could. As far as I could tell it was legal to bowfish and there were no special rules to bring a bow to Mexico. It seemed that a bow was classified the same as a speargun which I always bring to Mexico with no issues.

I ended up bringing a compound bow to Sonora on one trip and using it to bowfish. I didn't have any problems but no officials every saw the bow. I'm still not 100% sure if I should have had some kind of permit for the bow. Let us know if you find out anything.

A Permit Is Not Required. Sometimes They Will Ask You for your Hunters agreement for Crossing The Weapon But, Other Than That It is Not Required. The Only Thing They Have asked Me over the years is to Remove Your Broad heads During Travel.

Good Luck and Safe Trip

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Mexico Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy Sonoran mule deer and coues deer on over 400,000 acres of private ground.

DIY Coues Deer Hunts

Hunt 20k acre private ranch in Sonora for coues bucks ranging in the 100" class. Email Michael at [email protected].

Sonora Outfitters

We hunt on some of the best ranches in Sonora - known for holding trophy Desert Bighorn Sheep and trophy Mule Deer.

MADD Hunts

DIY coues buck hunts on 30 sq. miles of archery only, private lands. Nice accomodations, along with information and photos.

Back
Top Bottom