Taping your barrel with a muzzle break?

DonVathome

Very Active Member
When on rough, long hard trips like Alaska I have always taped my barrel to be safe. It is a lot different with a muzzle break. Ideas?

Tape still works but a balloon is pretty easy too. Take plenty of them since they're not very tough. Either one can be shot-through with no effect.

Zeke

Thanks! Also my break unscrews, should I occasionally take it off and clean it or tighten it and put thread locker on?

I would love to try a suppressor on my 7mm rem mag but the muzzle break has been on there prob 30 years! ?. I have not been able to figure a way to get it off! Even soaked in Kroil oil for a couple of days. Not sure if a gunsmith can remove after that many years.

Homer I think they call those muzzle condoms . :)
They absolutely do!!! This is what I use.
D57D13CF-B7E6-4761-8112-DCBDD69549F5.png

I would love to try a suppressor on my 7mm rem mag but the muzzle break has been on there prob 30 years! ?. I have not been able to figure a way to get it off! Even soaked in Kroil oil for a couple of days. Not sure if a gunsmith can remove after that many years.
Some are thread sealed on when they where assembled . A gun smith gun take it off with a machine. I had one of mine removed. It was 60 bucks I think.

I have been unscrewing my muzzle breaks lately and screwing on Suppressor. You need to try it ! :)
Yessir,
I have not used a brake for a long time now but he asked for chicken, not steak.
Suppressors forever! I love to hear that bullet SMACK!
Zeke

I've always cut fingers out of latex gloves. Had no idea they had premade role-on finger versions. Thanks Homer! I'm ordering some now.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom