Target Buck Down

Huntnful

I found him on July 10th I believe. And then again on July 24th. I never went and looked for him again after that. I ended up killing him on opening morning of rifle season just 100 yards from where I found him on July 10th. It was an awesome feeling! I knew he was big, and possibly even the biggest buck I've seen to date here in California (I've seen some slammers though). But I had to run him straight to the taxidermist when I got home because I was leaving the following morning for another hunt. So I didn't get to admire him for too long lol. Well I went and grabbed his horns yesterday for safekeeping until his cape is done at the tannery. So I threw a tape on him to get a rough score also. He did end up being my biggest buck to date, and honestly a pretty dang big "Benchleg" or "Hybrid" mule deer. Hybrid being that he still has a black tail and tiny body with only 18" span at the tips of the ears, so not a full muley. Anyways, enjoy some extra photos of him and take a crack at the GROSS score if you so choose! I'll update it with the score sheet later! I know it can be tough to just score from photos, so one measurement to give you a reference is that his left main beam is 25 4/8".

IMG_9161.jpeg

IMG_9231.jpeg

IMG_0524.jpeg

IMG_1040.jpeg

IMG_1041.jpeg

IMG_1042.jpeg

IMG_1043.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom