Tarp/tipi setups?

HIcountryman

Very Active Member
Hi All: anyone have a great recommendation on a tarp/tipi setup for 2 people plus gear for early season backpacking hunt? I don't use trekking poles, just a walking stick about 5 feet high if that makes a difference (i know some use pole for center pole). Prob will have a bit of rain, t-storms to deal with. Looking for lightweight. Thanks!

I have a Seek Outside DST trap that I used this summer and fall. I really like it, I was just one person in it but it would accommodate two in a pinch. It needs a pole for most setups, I've used a stick on several occasions when I wasn?t carrying a pole. 21 ounces with stakes. Hasbean

I use the fly off my 4 season Hilleberg tent. There is gob of room, it's bomberproof, and only weighs around 3 lbs! I add painters plastic from Home Depot for a floor....only adds a few extra ounces. I've used this same setup for everything from Alaska dall sheep to Colo elk....works fantastic!

There is a company called Tribeone they have bungee cord, bungee cord nets but they have a device that can hook onto about and Material any spot on the material. I can not really explain it but the device will act as a grommet it does not need a hole. I hook it in the middle of a tarp you can then hang it from a limb, tie out the four corners and you have a instant canopy. Check it out you can Google tribeone.

Check out Luxe Hiking gear,camofire.com , Backcountry.com , Moosejaw ,there are several other hiking/back packing sites that they have a lot of teepee/tent options. You can always sub the center pole with a stick but sometimes that can be a pain in the ass to find just the right size close to your tent site. Nemo & several others make adjustable tent poles

Any rectangular tarp can be made into a simple shelter. The bigger the tarp, the bigger the shelter can be. String rope between two trees for peak.

I carry a 10’x10’ ripstop nylon tarp, rolled up into a cylinder and 4 plastic tent pegs. Weighs two pounds. It’s water and wind proof, and has grommets every couple feet around sides, I can tie between two trees as either a small lean-to with floor, full lean-to or peaked shelter on a rope. Five minute setup and fits two people in the rain.

5C11DDD3-8BBA-488B-AF86-61DEBB812451.jpeg

Seek outside cimarron 4 person w/out stove 2 person W/stove

585A0BFC-B955-4A9E-B16E-C0F839AF18D5.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom