Task Force Meeting the 18th

elks96

Long Time Member
Just FYI another meeting coming up. Attached is the public comment page. Please take the time to fill out and provide feedback. We know that transferable tags is heading our way, the more we fight on the front end the less we may need to do on the back end. I personally would prefer truly random for the 5 but bonus is a step in the right direction.

here is the link for comments:

Task Force COmments

My bad, it is. I comment at the meetings so I don't know. I thought it was just generic.?‍♂️
Ok cool. If it wasn’t I was gonna dig in and find what I needed to comment on. Let us know how the meeting goes.

fyi: From the Wyoming Wildlife Taskforce Website:

At the November 18th meeting, the Taskforce discussed the following proposal: 1) Effective January 1, 2025, all preference points held by individuals for bighorn sheep and moose will be converted to bonus points. 2) Effective for the 2025-2026 season and thereafter, applicants for moose, bighorn sheep, mountain goat, and bison will earn one bonus point for each year they apply and are unsuccessful in drawing their first choice on their application for the respective species. 3) Individuals may also purchase a bonus point in years they do not apply for a license. 4) Effective for the 2025-2026 season, the draw will be random, but the number of entries an individual has into the drawing for a specific species will be equal to the number of bonus points they have squared (example - 4 points = 16 entries, 10 points = 100 entries). 5) Bonus points will be converted to history (or lost) as before if individuals fail to apply for two years. 6) Specific rules and regulations to be developed and promulgated by the Wyoming Game and Fish Commission. What would you like the Taskforce to know about this idea?

Link for comments: https://sites.google.com/wyo.gov/wyomingwildlifetaskforce/home/public-input

Comments received by 5pm MST on November 28th will be provided to the Taskforce for the December 3rd meeting.

I am curious if the Task Force & eventually the legislature thinks it's necessary to change the preference point system to a weighted bonus point system, will they follow up with changing the non-resident preference point for elk/deer/antelope to a bonus point system for consistency sake? For those sitting on max points, could be a big deal odds wise.

I am curious if the Task Force & eventually the legislature thinks it's necessary to change the preference point system to a weighted bonus point system, will they follow up with changing the non-resident preference point for elk/deer/antelope to a bonus point system for consistency sake? For those sitting on max points, could be a big deal odds wise.

I think eventually this is what will happen. I also agree it will be 90/10 across the board.

I wonder if this has a chance? I let all my moose points expire because I saw no real chance under the current system.

Is there a bad area?

Good question. In my opinion i wouldnt apply for southern areas due to i know nothing about it. Area 12 the rams like to stay in montana or private land. Solid rams in the area but can be difficult

You can definitely draw a couple good areas right unless your holding out for a particular area like i am with my points
For sure but those areas are very foreign to me and I really want this hunt to be DIY. I wanted to hold out for a specific area i deer hunt in. Also wanted to wait a few years until I retire so I could spend unlimited time in the summer and fall. Oh well, still sitting in a good spot

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom