Taxidermy Recommendations

CA_Wapiti

So I drew an elk tag of a lifetime (FHL Tule elk) and have been scouting working to stack the odds in my favor to connect on a nice bull. Have quite a few spots lined up and have seen number of good bulls and a few great ones. Should I be successful I am definitely getting it mounted as it will likely be the only Tule I harvest in my lifetime.

Does anybody have a taxidermist they trust and would highly recommend?

if you have a few, rank them by price, quality, and relative location to central California.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

I will post pics of the elk after the hunt (Oct 05-13)

Kurt at Life Like Taxidermy. He is in Madera. As for price, you get what you pay for. Don?t go with a guy if the price sounds to good to be true.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-23-19 AT 10:01AM (MST)[p]Chad Wiebe.....in Bradley

https://www.centralcoasttaxidermy.com/about/

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>Joe at Wildlife Revolutions in Reno
>has done a great job
>for myself.

yeah, he's kinda close to central california....

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

For a once in a lifetime animal a 4 1/2 ride is a reasonable distance in my opinion. Also depending on what they specialize in. Carry on ............

LAST EDITED ON Sep-26-19 AT 08:54AM (MST)[p]Roger Sambueso (Madera/Fresno)

top notch work. Look him up he's won various awards.
solid guy on top of being a great taxidermist.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-27-19 AT 09:21AM (MST)[p]Thanks for the suggestion...his work with Mule deer is incredible.

Do you have any contact info for him?
I was trying to find a website for ?Big Game Artistry? but came up empty.

Edit: Roger Sambueso

I've used life like taxidermy for my boys buck and I've also used Fowl Play taxidermy out of Hanford for both of my boys bull elk and a few other animals. They both do a great job!

Jason

>For a once in a lifetime
>animal a 4 1/2 ride
>is a reasonable distance in
>my opinion. Also depending on
>what they specialize in. Carry
>on ............

I agree not to mention Taxidermy is a dying art in California not sure why but there's a good chance you will have to travel to get a good one around here.

Look into Chad Wiebe. Local boy who knows his stuff and does quality work .Been around Elk a long time..Great quality mounts..Keep it local,

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom