TC BoneCollector/DreamHunter/Omega?? which one

alinrut

LAST EDITED ON Jul-05-12 AT 05:33PM (MST)[p]I might be wrong on the dreamhunter one, the actual name/style/model escapes me... but I'm just trying to get some thoughts on the different versions...

I've got a Lyman traditional and played around a bit with it, but I believe I'm gonna be happier with an inline...

thanks for your advice and opinions...

allan

The Triumph (bone collector) and the Omega are great shooting guns. The very short action length makes a handy overall length even with 28" barrels that make use of modern propellants to give you top velocity.

Have you looked at the Knight brand of muzzleloader rifles? They are as good as the TC stuff. I own an Omega and 2 Knights and they each have their good points and bad points. I do hunt with each of them.

I am not familiar with the Dream Hunter, so I will not comment on it.

not at all familiar with the Knight line of muzzleloaders...
and I believe I'm absolutely out of my mind on the "dreamhunter" I forget things all the time and am more than willing to bet that I misspoke on that one...please disregard any request for info on a gun that doesn't exist!!

thanks for the info tho,

allan

I believe the dreamhunter that you mention is the drram season which is by drury outdoors, anf it is basically a tc omega.

It was the Dreamseason that I was looking at... and as I'm in Colorado I cannot use Sabot or a gun that can load from the breech...

So my guess is that I need to be looking at a different brand or is there a decent Conical Bullet that works within the TC family of muzzleloaders?

I also think it rules out the Bonecollector with the speedbreech, or am I wrong on that thought?

al

The Dream Season is a modified Omega, a little lighter with the shorter fluted barrel.

The Bone Collector is the top of the line Triumph, with all of the "bells & Whistles" It is legal to hunt with in Colorado. Most of T/C's inlines all come with a 1 in 28 twist (best suited for saboted bullets) for Colorado I would use a 250gr Power Belt bullet, it does shoot them well. About 90 grains of Blackhorn 209! (not sure if BH209 is legal in CO) if not then 120gr of Pyrodex.

Good Luck,
MD Nut

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom