teanaway muzzleloader tag

unclebuck

Drew a late teanaway muzzleloader deer tag . Haven't hunted there in years. Use to hunt up stafford creek. Anybody got any suggestions?
Thanks,UB

Sorry....can't really help ya with that area. If it's anything like it's surrounding units I think you should have a decent oppurtunity at a nice buck. I know of a 13-14 yr. old kid shot a 34" 4x4 out of there last year opening weekend. That'd be nice. :) Good luck. Any late tag is a good tag in my opinion.

The best suggestion I can offer is to make sure Muleysniper stays in the truck after he has been eating chicken for breakfast. Sure bet the bucks will wind him.

Wow! You lucky dog Uncle Buck. There are some huge deer in the teanaway. Heres a pic of a big one I took while scouting over the weekend.
44d017c90d1e33c8.jpg

UB,
Congrats on your late tag, 1 of 3 tags - wow! I have hunted the Teanaway area for years. The hunt was always great back when the season ran through the end of the month. Since the winter kill of '96 the Doe numbers have dropped significantly. We used to see at least 20 - 25 per day. Now maybe 10. The bucks were plentiful, although small, but at least a couple good size bucks were harvested - especially with snow on the ground. The Stafford creek area is good, but we spent most of our time at the end of the road and up the trail.

As for a late hunt, I would recommend checking out the area behind the old Teanaway Grange. I hunted the late muzzle elk hunt a few years back and came across some nice bucks. That area and around the cemetery will hold a lot of deer. Watch for private land, but there is some public. Best of luck.

I drew the rifle Slide Ridge late hunt tag...

Moon Chopper,
Thanks for the info, I'll be checking those areas out. Good luck with your slide ridge tag.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom