Tech #5 flat brims

So true!!!! You making it up here for your moose tag?
I’m supposed to be guiding in Utah during those dates, but I’m trying to rearrange my schedule to make it work! I’ll be up there at least once for a caribou hunt this year though!

I'm headed just funning you. Relax.

A mortgage, wife and kids will bend that brim eventually
The only reason I really want to buy a house right now is so I have a better place to put my mounts. Until I find a deal or prices come down I’ll continue hunting my ass off, saving a smart amount, and investing where it makes sense. The rest I’m blowing on every hunt I can!

Yep, my lease ran out while I was guiding in Mexico, and between traveling on all my hunts, and leaving to guide again, I’ll only be at home for a little over a month. Doesn’t make much sense to go spend $2,000 a month on a place I’ll hardly stay at.

Ma!! The meatloaf!!!!
Screenshot_20220714-164612_Google.jpg

Oh yeah… you guys really got me… :rolleyes: Because it makes so much sense to go buy a house or sign a 12 month lease on a place I’ll be at 1/12 of the year, with the market in its current state.

This is actually the first time I’ve lived at home at all since I was 17. Just doesn’t make sense to find a place at the moment.

Well, he has more protection so the birds don't poop on his face while he is looking at Playgirl mags and waiting for a 2-point to come out of the bushes.

I won’t talk about your mounts I just want to see them.
I don’t have pictures of them on my phone, but if you keep an eye on the taxidermy section I’m sure you’ll see my coues deer from January, and me bear from last month posted by my taxidermist at some point.

I know you’re mostly just trolling, but if you’re that curious, my Instagram isn’t too hard to find. You can see most of my personal animals, animals I’ve guided, and animals I’ve helped on so far this year. Still no pictures of my mounts though.

Is the deer that you shot by accident one of the mounts in your mom’s house?

What about the doe you shot from the road? That would make a sweet mount!

Is the deer that you shot by accident one of the mounts in your mom’s house?

What about the doe you shot from the road? That would make a sweet mount!
Nope, the head of that buck got left on the mountain. You upset about that whitetail doe? You go ahead and pack them out on your back, you mighty hunter. I’m not shooting an antler less animal anywhere I’m going to have to pack it out. Sounds like you conveniently skipped over the pictures of the 20+ big game animals I’ve guided or taken myself this year.

Sounds like you conveniently skipped over the pictures of the 20+ big game animals I’ve guided or taken myself this year.

I didn't skip over anything, and none of this has been convenient. You came on here dropping your resume as some mighty hunter, then claim you don't have pictures on your phone but refer people to your awesome Instawarrior page, which you no doubt posted every one of those pictures from your phone.

You might be the greatest hunter this world has ever seen. It does appear you have issues with honesty and credibility, however. Enjoy your mother's basement, and old Mexico.

I didn't skip over anything, and none of this has been convenient. You came on here dropping your resume as some mighty hunter, then claim you don't have pictures on your phone but refer people to your awesome Instawarrior page, which you no doubt posted every one of those pictures from your phone.

You might be the greatest hunter this world has ever seen. It does appear you have issues with honesty and credibility, however. Enjoy your mother's basement, and old Mexico.
I said I didn’t have pictures of my mounts. Apparently you have issues with reading comprehension. You can check out the HAC portion of the forum if you’re so interested in keeping track of my personal hunts from this year.

I'm still trying to figure out how CFMuley can claim to be the best hunter we've ever known when y'all know that I am. :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Just a random thought for CFM: No one cares where you live or what you do for money. Really they don't. I think when you're saying you're the best and most successful hunter we've ever known (and that old guys can't get it done) people get a little put-off and punch back with their own smart-azz comments.

Something beneficial can be learned from every single person who posts on MM.

If you can glean something from all this ribbing, good. If not, reap what you sew and move along with life.

Zeke

I’m really not riled up, and I realize there’s plenty to learn from any hunter that’s puts some time in. Never claimed to be the best, I just find it funny how the older generations love to talk **** on the younger guys when it’s generally the younger guys I know that hunt harder, and will put in more effort to make a hunt happen.

I'm still trying to figure out how CFMuley can claim to be the best hunter we've ever known when y'all know that I am. :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Just a random thought for CFM: No one cares where you live or what you do for money. Really they don't. I think when you're saying you're the best and most successful hunter we've ever known (and that old guys can't get it done) people get a little put-off and punch back with their own smart-azz comments.

Something beneficial can be learned from every single person who posts on MM.

If you can glean something from all this ribbing, good. If not, reap what you sew and move along with life.

Zeke
Funny I never seen him say anything about being the best ever, but he sure lit a fire under a bunch of people that shouldn't care one way or another ? must be doing something right.

CF sounds like you got the right idea to me, if you don't need to buy a house right now then now is not the time to buy one.

And if you are supporting yourself and hunting all you want more power to you young blood.

@CFMuley let the haters hate. You’re spending more time outdoors than most of them. And they are jealous.

Nothing wrong with living with your parents either. I bet your mom appreciates it.

Instead of getting into guiding young I waited until my mid 30s after my kids were older and I had an established business. Now I can be picky who or what I guide for. If I could go back in time I wouldn’t of got married, had kids or bought a house. I love my family but I love the mountains more.

Oh yeah… you guys really got me… :rolleyes: Because it makes so much sense to go buy a house or sign a 12 month lease on a place I’ll be at 1/12 of the year, with the market in its current state.

THIS is why Gen Z will always be whining about wealth inequality.

Homes are the #1 source of wealth. They won't get cheaper

Maybe I’m wrong, but I think the market’s going to cool down quite a bit over this next year, and prices will come down some. If I’m wrong, I’ll eventually end up paying more than I could currently. If I’m right, I could potentially save a lot of money. Paying half a mill for a fixer upper or a starter home that was slapped together as quick and cheap as possible just doesn’t appeal to me.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I think the market’s going to cool down quite a bit over this next year, and prices will come down some. If I’m wrong, I’ll eventually end up paying more than I could currently. If I’m right, I could potentially save a lot of money. Paying half a mill for a fixer upper or a starter home that was slapped together as quick and cheap as possible just doesn’t appeal to me.
It’s already cooking off in a lot of areas. Stay the course and **** what anyone thinks.

And if you are *supporting yourself and hunting all you want more power to you young blood.

*Being supported by mom at 25...

But yeah, more power to ya! Just don't brag about how cool it is. It's just hunting, it's not a competition. That is probably the biggest thing the Instawarrior d bags of Instagram have to learn. It's hunting, not a competition.

But yeah, more power to ya! Just don't brag about how cool it is. It's just hunting, it's not a competition. That is probably the biggest thing the Instawarrior d bags of Instagram have to learn. It's hunting, not a competition.
Plenty of competition if you make a living doing it…

The slow down in prices will be countered by the rise in interest rates.

One of the best pieces of advice I've ever gotten

"They ain't making more dirt"

Home ownership is the ultimate ponzi scheme. Your equity is by far the best tool to build even more debt.

The cost of home ownership is reaching the point that there are other ways the money might make you even more.

But that discussion is boring

You honestly just sound bitter at this point. You tried to call me out for being dishonest, and when that didn’t work you had to try again with a back handed comment. If staying with her a month out of the year means I’m supported by her then so be it, you got me.

How's prices since 08?
Well since that was almost 15 years ago of course they went up. But Cody is talking about buying a house. How long did it take for those prices to recover?

He’s waiting for prices to dip and they already have started. Pretty smart move even if he wears flattys

Well since that was almost 15 years ago of course they went up. But Cody is talking about buying a house. How long did it take for those prices to recover?

He’s waiting for prices to dip and they already have started. Pretty smart move even if he wears flattys

Interest rates are increasing.

Not much of a tradeoff

Home ownership is the ultimate ponzi scheme. Your equity is by far the best tool to build even more debt.

The cost of home ownership is reaching the point that there are other ways the money might make you even more.

But that discussion is boring

What's rent done? You gotta live somewhere

I'll bite- do you mean that people take loans out on their equity?
What's rent done? You gotta live somewhere
Yes, most folks net worth is tied up in their homes and only accessible by borrowing against it or liquidation.

Construction people have been living in travel trailers for years. Upgrade to a motorhome or sailboat. I haven’t run the numbers, but that rent/mortgage payment money could build a hella nest egg in other investments.

Yes, most folks net worth is tied up in their homes and only accessible by borrowing against it or liquidation.

Construction people have been living in travel trailers for years. Upgrade to a motorhome or sailboat. I haven’t run the numbers, but that rent/mortgage payment money could build a hella nest egg in other investments.

Most construction folks I know seem to be counting on increases in Aluminum can prices to cover nest egg?

You honestly just sound bitter at this point. You tried to call me out for being dishonest, and when that didn’t work you had to try again with a back handed comment. If staying with her a month out of the year means I’m supported by her then so be it, you got me.

You used a word that you shouldn’t: honestly.

Where are all your mounts hanging?

I’m not bitter. I’m not old enough to be bitter yet. And I assure you there is absolutely nothing you can do in the hunting world that would make me bitter. It’s just hunting. I have a great time every time I go out. Don’t give yourself too much credit here, sport.

As to SS’s original question: the board had not voted to ban flat brims yet. But boy would it be something if they banned Instagram warriors, wouldn’t it?

You used a word that you shouldn’t: honestly.

Where are all your mounts hanging?
Please point out where I’ve been dishonest. Most are at my cousins house, although I have a handful of euros and my bear hides in the basement.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom