Teepee tents with a wood-burning stove.

schoolhousegrizz

Very Active Member
Anybody have any suggestions on a backpacking shelter that you can stand up in and has a wood-burning stove. I'm aware of seek/kifaru. Any other brands I should look at?

Luxe Outdoors makes pretty good stuff also, I just spent 6 days in the Frank Church with mine. I bought the 6 man, perfect for 2 guys, stove and some gear storage. Hastily pitched in the flattest spot we could find while trying to beat the storm, not quite enough area for a full pitch.

B6697839-53A2-456B-ADA0-3C43857D8B56.jpeg

Luxe are junk and they have horrible customer service. Their fabric is cheap that’s why they are cheap.

take a min and google luxe tipi and read some of the threads on rokslide. You can thank me later.

I’ve used a luxe maybe 40 nights out. I make sure to take it only on fair weather trips. If there’s going to be any wind or weather it stays home. Save the coin and get a kifaru or seek outside.

Used the 8 man seek outside this season and loved it. Lots of room for the 3 of us that hunted together, along with our low height cots/sleep systems, hunting gear, weapons, stove and wood.

Grizzly
What does that complete tent and stove outfit weigh?
The tent is 40oz, nest 24oz, stakes and pole 14oz, stove 30oz.

With the nest it's 108oz - 6.75lbs

Without the nest it's 84oz - 5.25lbs.

My wife hates spiders so if she's there I take the nest. I've never had issues either way though with pests.

I just sold my octagonal teepee military tent, this year was my last season setting that extremely heavy and smelly SOB up!

We spent 10 days in it on the Wasatch elk hunt and momma said "thats enough, I don't know why we use this miserable thing when we have a perfectly good 27 foot trailer with a toilet and a shower!"

She has a valid point......

What has everyone found to be the best way to deal with the condensation? I had a Kifaru and the condensation was hard to deal with.

What has everyone found to be the best way to deal with the condensation? I had a Kifaru and the condensation was hard to deal with.
The liners in the seek outside work really well and the best way for me. Only other ways I've found to battle it is more heat from the stove or more ventilation from either opening up the doors or pitching the bottom edges a little off the ground to allow for some air flow (which is not ideal during cold weather!).

yup, the half liner in the seek outside makes a big difference and really makes a warm tent. to the OP. i have been running a 4 man hot tent combo from seek outside and i can never go back. i hunt solo and man is it nice to have that space in there. i have other pretty spendy ultra light tents and i haven't take them out of the stuff sack since i bough t my 4 man. packs up nice and as far as im concerned isn't even a weight penalty for the back country comfort. my entire sleep system pictured here. i dont think all together its 10 pounds right around 9 if i remember right

4 man teepee
med stove
pad
quilt
pillow
and i throw a 3x7 piece of tyvek in for my pad

1605733748782.png

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom