Tell me about K & K tripods

COLO3D

Very Active Member
I just saw the K & K Tripods at Sportsmans Warehouse this week. They were much lighter and more compact than my Bogen. How do they perform? Are thay as stable in the wind? Weight bearing capabilities? Is there any information available online? What are the exact weights?

I used a K&K tripod this year. I really liked it. I have since sold my Bogen w/pistol grip and wont be going back. I prefer the K&K pistol grip to the Bogen, much easier on the hand after long periods of glassing and the tripod legs are lighter for packing up hills.

The tripod was very stable even in the wind. I called K&K and ordered an extra quick release adapter ($20) to have one on my spotting scope and another on my binos. It worked very well. I think it is a very good choice for a mobile hunter who still needs a stable tripod.

HH

I bought mine from Cabelas. They have since quit carrying them but now Sportsmans sells them. K&K now makes even a smaller tripod then the one I have. I saw both models at Sportsmans in SLC. It might be even better for backpacking.

If you call K&K in Oregon they can send you a copy of their brochure. I also saw K&K tripods in the Schnees hunting catalog and online on the Schnees website.

HH

It's one of the best setups you can find for the money. My brother bought his Sportsmans Wharehouse for $300. They are vey stable and the pistol grip works great. I have the Outdoorsmans setup with their pistol grip and the K&K is the closest i found to that is comparible to; weight, stability, pistol grip performance, and a very low price compared to the Outdoorsmans.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom