Terrible Accident

M

muzzle

Hey all, I am pretty new to this forum, I usually hang out in the muley & elk territory, but since this accident involved coyotes, I decided to post it here. Just yesterday, a guy I know was hunting coyotes while farming out in some fields in Nephi. He had killed two earlier in the day and saw a third. The coyote saw him and started heading across the field. He pulls up and fires dropping the coyote in his tracks. He puts the gun away and jumps back into the tractor and goes about his business. About a half an hour later he sees police cars and ambulances heading to a vacant field about 1500 yards away. He thinks that something must be up, but keeps about his task. As more cars keep coming, his mind starts to click. He starts putting two and two together and he starts getting real scared. He races back to the farm house to inform another worker what he thinks may have just happened. The other guy told him to calm down and tell him where he was shooting. After looking at the distance, he didn't think it would be possible. Wrong! I guess the bullet zipped right through the coyote across three fields and tagged a kid moving water. The bullet hit him in the sholder and turned down collapsing a lung and exiting out his abdomen. The boys sister luckily was right there and saw him go down. The boy is expected to be fine, but damn! Needless to say the guy who accidentily shot him is messed up now. After the cops verified the story, their advice to the guy was to go on a long vacation. The boys father and this guy don't get along to well and this situation won't help any. Is that your worst nightmare or what? Could you imagine if that had happened to you? I guess if nothing else, this senerio will make it into the hunters education hall of shame. A good lesson for all of us.

Man,That is terrible! I couldn't even imagine.

faebfccc.jpg

I used to really dislike wearing the hunter orange stuff, but after having bullets wizz over my head a couple of times and weighing the alternatives, I always wear at least an orange hat when hunting public ground.
Not that the orange would have helped here, but it can never hurt to be seen!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom