Texas Moose Draw

Guardrail

I drew a Texas moose tag for Garza county just outside Snyder, can anyone help me with a starting scouting location, I don't want anyone's honey hole, or lucky cotton field, just general info would be nice, I'd be willing to trade some information on the jackalope hunting in Zapata county if your into that sort of spot and stalk hunting. Any info much appreciated.....

I know a 1 ac high fence that has a few mature Yukon bulls on there. 100% free range high fence. Corn fed but not baited the feeders are to attract hogs for a bonus opportunity.

I know a 1 ac high fence that has a few mature Yukon bulls on there. 100% free range high fence. Corn fed but not baited the feeders are to attract hogs for a bonus opportunity.
I don't want to ask for your honey hole, but can you point me in the right direction for good spots on this property? If I ever draw I will not have time to scout, so this would be a great help.

Set up a 30 foot swivel tripod in the center, and your 400 earsplittenloudenboomer should reach out to the boundaries. Big Yukons are about 10 feet at the shoulder, so you should be able to see the tips of their antlers over the mesquite.

Mesquite has been cleared 4 tripods roughly 100 ft apart for optimal coverage.

Mt Carmel ranch is the place outside of waco. David K is your manager he is a little crazy never met the dude but he hasnt been there since about '93 I was told when I got there check in with ATF but have never been something seems off about it all.

I bet bessy knows him

I took my kids for a drive "clean across Texas" one time. The first live wild animal we saw was a giraffe somewhere down by San Antonio. Saw a damn nice 6x6 BULL on the side of the road down by the King Ranch too. I love texa$$. :)

Yep, we took I-10 all the way across Tx, to NM back in Jan.
I guess starting around Kerrville the roadkill started getting
real interesting.

I drew a Texas moose tag for Garza county just outside Snyder, can anyone help me with a starting scouting location, I don't want anyone's honey hole, or lucky cotton field, just general info would be nice, I'd be willing to trade some information on the jackalope hunting in Zapata county if your into that sort of spot and stalk hunting. Any info much appreciated.....

I've been putting in for 30 years and haven't drawn that tag yet.

Ironically you can draw alligator in TX and there is an alligator farm in Alamosa CO...just saying.

Last edited:
I've been there. You buy pieces of chicken to feed them. Think of the weird dudes who have snake zoos, and double the weirdness. :oops:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Texas Guides & Outfitters

West Texas Hunting

Private land free range hunts for native and exotic game on nearly 1 million acres in west Texas.

Urge 2 Hunt

Deer/Elk tags - DIY or guided for all species. Many guaranteed tags for trophy hunts.

Vargo Hunting

300k acres for free range auodad, mule deer, elk, whitetail and all the Texas exotics.

Back
Top Bottom