Thai Bang-Bang Popcorn Shrimp

Blank

Long Time Member
Sweet, spicy, hot, and with heavy horseradish seafood sauce too!! Bald head is sweating big time right about now. :)

CC8DC499-B272-49EF-A96E-5D1A6FDB91A3_1_201_a.jpeg

Ok Blank, shrimp is in the refrigerator now in waiting for our Easter feast. I've had good success on my smoker with a cajon seasoning / garlic powder/ a bit of olive oil. Please share your recipe.

This was last minute, as I didn't plan ahead, and I like the small frozen popcorn shrimp anyway. It's really best with fresh shrimp, that's rinsed, soaked in buttermilk (you can make your own with regular milk and a little lemon juice), and then dredge in corn starch. Quick fry until it just starts to curl into a "C", not all the way round like an "O". That's usually a sign that your shrimp is overcooked.

Seafood sauce I just use ketchup, sweet relish, Worcestershire, and as much prepared horseradish as I can stand. When it makes your eyes water and sinuses run, it's perfect!!

Bang Bang sauce is a real personal taste choice - I like just Thai sweet chili sauce, mayo, and sriracha. Adjust the creaminess with the amount of mayo.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom