Thanks Wyoming

elkhunter81

Just wanted to say thanks to the great state of Wyoming for the last few years of some great hunting. I have taken an elk and an antelope that I am happy with. I hope to continue to hunt there in the future with my friends and family. Yes as a non resident 90/10 sounds awful to me, but it is the way it should be. I don't like the prices increases but it is the cost of doing business and I will keep applying worst things I can waste my money on. I haven't burned my deer points yet I am sitting on 9, I want to hunt a whitetail. So my question is I know there is a hail Mary deer unit for mule deer that I'm fine applying, and after I looked at odds should be able to find a 2nd choice whitetail unit, but would it be better to wait until I burn my points on a mule deer hunt and then go for a whitetail?

If you can find a second choice White tail hunt, there is no reason to wait. I would apply second choice any day and still build my points as much as possible.

I would try the hail mary, deer and the second whitetail. Might as well have a shot.

I have nothing but good to say about WY. I've taken a 202" NT buck, 82 2/8 " pronghorn , 360" bull, 9 year old ram and a decent moose. and it's great snowmobiling too.

But I've also given the state a ton of money in the last 25 years so you could say it's been a mutually beneficial relationship.

I know when to fold so I'm out on the sheep and moose game but I'll apply for the other 3 until I'm too old no matter what it costs. but that doesn't mean I'm dumb enough to think trying to cut the quota on all the people who've paid in millions of dollars for points based on a set share is not a hose job.

The price of the ticket to the football game may change over the years, but the distance to the goal line hasn't.

Yep, Wyoming has been good to me and my son for a lot of years as nasty non-residents. Lots of amazing memories. Cant wait for the next tag.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom