Thanksgiving

Gadjet

So how is everyone making their turkey? I'm trying something a little different this year. Smoked spatchcock turkey on the pellet grill. I've done several chickens this way and they have turned out great, so I figured why not a turkey.
I'll try to post pictures tomorrow.

I've never done a turkey but I think it's a great idea. Here's my spatchcock chicken. Happy Thanksgiving to All.

Chicken.jpg

I’m going to my best friend’s house for the holiday. He is going to smoke the two turkeys. I will be next to him and his wife while they prepare and see if I can help in any way. I spent a few hours over there tonight drinking and having a good time and had some tamales. They made about 20 dozen so far. That’s the food I like. Turkey is okay, but I would rather have something else. My family makes enchiladas and turkey and I get off on the enchiladas. Turkey seems like the traditional thing to have because it’s thanksgiving and that’s what you’re supposed to do. That bugs me a little. Just a personal thing. I think there’s better options but I would never be a jerk about it.

There's just the two of us this year so we're going to spatchcock a turkey this weekend. I've never tried it so it might be interesting. Edit: The biggest reason we're waiting for the weekend is because we forgot to take the turkey out of the freezer.

Last edited:
Turkey seems like the traditional thing to have because it’s thanksgiving and that’s what you’re supposed to do. That bugs me a little.
This ??
I’m actually not a big fan of turkey. I’m being forced against my will to make it.?
If it were up to me we would have prime rib all day every day!

Found out this afternoon, it’ll be the first time in 75 years I’m not having a traditional turkey dinner. It’ll be the last time…………

We tried the spatchcock and a traditional one (and a couple hams). The spatchcock was gone before the other. I’ll definitely be doing it again. We had my entire family, all 29 of us, in south Texas

F8D6EA11-424E-45DC-90B9-5914AEDFD9CB.jpeg

81B4796D-2550-431C-BFEB-243C4E472AF7.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom