That's a wrap for 2020 waterfowl

JPblind

Made up my mind today is my last day in the blind for the year. Came home with one goose and that was shot flying over the blind nothing is coming in and very few flying. Nothing roosting on the big water but geese. Thought last year was slow but I think this year tops that. Anyone else with a similar year here in southern id?

I don’t but my buddy is a big time water fowler. There not seeing chit. Something about this winter. I usually have a pretty good pile of coyotes by now but it’s been slower out there then any time I’ve ever had. Hoping it freezes soon

It's been horrible, parked the jet boat for the year, zero mallards. Been hunting the Snake for 35 years, worst year.

I don’t but my buddy is a big time water fowler. There not seeing chit. Something about this winter. I usually have a pretty good pile of coyotes by now but it’s been slower out there then any time I’ve ever had. Hoping it freezes soon
Did really good coyote hunting off the roads by oreana this year maybe would have been better if i loaded up the atv and drove all the 2 tracks. I dont keep them just helping the deer population.

Slow slow slow. Mud, rain, stale birds, high 40's, etc. Got out for ducks, but haven't even wanted to ask permission for geese. Too muddy to walk out into someones' field.

Have you seen the weather in Canada? Warm just like here. The birds never really left there and I feel a ot of birds have gone back. It has been a poor year just about everywhere. We have 9 months to wait until next year.

Out spitting wood yesterday and was amazed to see the trees had hundreds of robins in them. Think this is earliest I've seen them return. Usually I dont see the first one until late Feb.

Dang, I figured all the birds that AREN'T in the northern sac. valley were up there!
Hunted just south of Chico yesterday, killed 5 specs, guys said most of the birds headed back north, said they lost 1 million birds over the last couple weeks, went from shooting 50 a day to 1/2 dozen.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom