The collapse of Mexico

H

huntindude

Every day Mexico's government comes closer to collapsing, murder and chaos already are everywhere and the drug lords are close to taking over. Mexico is always broke, but due to low oil prices,reduced tourism and much less money sent by workers in America they're flat broke and near failure.

we will have no choice but to step in and help Mexico regain power and defeat the drug lords and criminals. this is going to require lots of money and some force, two things we're short on right now. no doubt the UN will get involved, but guess who's got the most to lose and who'll be expected to put the most skin in the game.

I'd like to say let them sort it out, but we can't have a nation the size of Mexico ( with oil ) on our border in chaos run by worse crooks than what normally runs it. this is very likely going to become a front page news story for some time in the near future, many experts say if the government can't stop it very soon it will be too late. I'm not excatly sure how this will play on our economy, but I don't see how it's going to be positive.

They must be dumber than us.....can we blame it on Bush??

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I haven't heard much about that, sounds like just what we need, It amazes me how fast things turn to crap

Why not blame it on Bush? we're still blaming Clinton.

If we could catch the winds in the right direction nuking them would be a viable option.

Mexico is probably the most corrupt nation on earth. It is rampant - it is too big and too widespread and too deeply rooted in the culture to change it politically. However the majority of the people are still good - most of them see government a lot differently than we do.

Too much "caudillismo" for too long.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Dude, they have been running on the edge for a long time. Drug lords do not want to take legitimate power. Its much more profitable to own the politicians.

I think they will just keep bumping along as they have the last 200 years.

Best thing we could do is revisit isolationism.

Paul, Mexico has always been a mess no question, they work hard at seeing to they screw up everything they get near. today things are different, they've gone from dirt poor and corupt to flat destitute and real corupt.

The best we can hope for is all we have to do is send money to keep them from becoming a bigger pain than they are already.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-31-09 AT 12:10PM (MST)[p]From my days in college earning my bachelors degree in Criminal Justice I made one clear observation from both right wing and left wing Professors. MEXICO IS A VERY CORRUPT PLACE! No judge no government official of any kind is trust worthy. This was only made more clear by former F.B.I. agents who spoke to my class of what they witnessed, and yes Ill believe what they said especially when they told us they had friends die down there. You want to give a bunch of crooks more money to opress their people and ram billions of dollars worth of drugs into this country thinking it will help. Its sux it has to be like this. The idea is entirely utopic give that government money!wth! Maybe it wouldnt be such a problem if the U.S. wasnt such a drug hungry nation. But I dont agree with giving them more money/aid to screw up things worse.

So we can justify what we did in Iraq to make a few Iraqis happy but we can't justify trying to keep a large nation on our border from collapsing into a drug lord run state of chaos? we have no choice but to keep some form of order in Mexico, it will never be pretty but we can't have in this day a huge nation with no government on our border.

I don't give a crap about the Iraqis or the Mexicans, but with Mexico it's a matter of national interest. if they fail we will help, I'm not sure where the money will come from but I'm not sure where any of it's coming from today anyway.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-02-09 AT 10:16AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-02-09 AT 10:13?AM (MST)

I would like to see more attention given to patrolling the borders. How often do we read, watch on T.V. or hear about crimes committed on our soil by illegal imigrants????

A-Lot of money seems to be wasted by the tax paying citizens of the U.S. on B.S. We all watch the news, look at Obamas price tag on inog. day.

It is not just Mexico that is creating a problem. If you look at L.A. and other magor U.S. cities Most of the street gangs are hispanic, however a-lot of them are from the cival-war stricken countries of El-Salvidore, Hondourus and others. The most feared street gangs in the U.S. Is Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13). This gang originated from El-salvadore. This is one gang that is on the national security threat list. They have fought in cival wars and bring that mentality to the U.S. The main reason they fled was to escape the cival wars. A-lot of them however kept the same mentality and became drug dealers and thugs.

Roy yes I agree with you, but do not forget what is going on in the other countries I mentioned.

I would hope that the new admin. will start looking at some of these problems a-little closer and act fast.

I do not now the answer. I am just frustrated every time I see illegal activity especially from an illegal.

I thought it was about mushroom clouds? or wait bringing Democracy to the region? or was it getting rid of Saddam? maybe about revenging 9/11? you know its been so long I forgot. seriously though, you can bet there are tens of thousands of heart sick American families that ask that same question every day

stickman, as Piper said I'm not sure why we went into Iraq, but freeing the Iraqis was the excuse we used in the end. so we may have to free the Mexican population from the drug lords, they're averaging 400 murders a day right now and that's worse than an average day in Iraq under Saddam so we have our excuse. once again I don't care any more about the Mexicans than I do the Iraqis, but their proximity to us and the spillover on our border makes them a high priority.

I bet Obama is not going to intervene in Mexico any time in the next 4 years. He is focused on the our economy and the wars in Iraq and Afganistan.

The turmoil in our own economy is driving some illegals back to Mexico. That is only going to continue as our economy slips further. If Mexico collapses there will be a need to defend our southern border but again I doubt we are going to throw many resources at them in the next 4 years. We don't have many resources left to use.

Nemont

That would seem true but I don't think it is.

The US joint forces command said " any decent into chaos in Mexico would demand action by the US for the reason of homeland security alone". the dept of homeland security has a plan in place to send 45,000 troops into Mexico if needed right now, don't ask me where they're coming from but that's what they say.

Ahghanistan will take a back seat to Mexico if it goes to down, it does no good to fight ragheads thousands of miles away if you have drug lords in Mexico willing to offer them a safe place to stay and do business across a fence from us. not to mention the flood of refuges we'll see if we sit on our thumbs.

It's not certain Mexico will collapse, but I think it's certain we'll be involved heavily if it does.

The Joint Chiefs have contigencies for nearly every scenario except the ones that actually happen. There are plenty of troops here in CONUS that could be deployed to the border but there is no way we are setting foot in Mexico without a UN mandate and political cover for the entire operation. I don't know if the UN and the US have the appetite for another excursion into nation building and propping up regimes. Hasn't worked out so well.

A force to guard the border and keep Mexicans on their side of the border may be doable but then Obama runs the risk of alienating the fastest growing demographic in America.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

Nemont

I agree we won't make a move without UN approval, but what part of stopping murdering drug lords from controlling a nation would be hard to sell to the UN? and the fact we'ld handle it since it's our butt in a jam otherwise would make it an even easier sell.

The question isn't if we'll get involved if Mexico's government falls, it's only if the government actually does fall. as you say we'll have to see.

Here is some information that was printed in the L.A. Times concerning illegal aliens and the county of Los Angeles which has a population of 10.2 million persons.

1. 40% of all workers in L.A. County are working for cash and pay no taxes due to them being illegal.

2. 95% of warrants for homicide in L.A. are for illegal aliens.

3. 75% of persons on the most wanted list in L.A. are illegal aliens.

4. Over 66% of all births in L.A. are to illegal aliens on Medi-Cal. payed by tax payers.

5. Nearly 35% of all inmates in Ca. detention centers are illegal aliens.

6. over 300,000 illegal aliens are living in garages in L.A. County.

7. The F.B.I reports that half of all gang members in L.A. are most likely illegal aliens from South of the border.

8. Nearly 60% of all occupants in HUD housing are illegal aliens.

9. 21 radio stations in L.A. are Spanish speaking.

Everyone wonders why CA. is going broke. the problem is take a look around in your own state and you will probably see a big increase of illegal aliens in your own area during the past three years. Mexico has already exported their criminals to the U.S. on a very large scale.
In my area, about 90% of the major drug busts on Interstate #5 are illegal aliens that are transporting narcotics from Southern CA. to Oregon and Washington, and the highway patrol has been accused of racial profiling in making these major busts.

RELH

I'm sure that's true, but if the Mexico collapses you ain't seen noth'in yet. Mexico is a whole lot easier to get here from than Cuba was.

Amazing how we can secure the border between Iraq and Syria for their elections but our border with Mexico is a freeway for illegals..... Terry

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom