The debate is not over

202typical

Long Time Member
Despite what Algore says

Scientists meet to dispute global warming theory
Pete Chagnon - OneNewsNow - 3/8/2009 4:00:00 AMBookmark and Share

NEW YORK CITY - The A-list of manmade climate-change skeptics is meeting in New York City for the 2009 International Conference on Climate Change.

The Conference is definitely international in scope. Opening the conference is Vaclav Klaus, president of the Czech Republic and the European Union. When it comes to manmade global warming, Klaus calls that a myth. He is also an outspoken critic of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, and says the panel is one-sided and has a political agenda.

GW conference 2009 smallFeatured at the conference will be more than 70 scientists who do not subscribe to the notion that so-called global warming is driven by manmade emissions of carbon dioxide, one of those being Harrison "Jack" Schmitt -- one of the last astronauts to walk on the moon.

The Conference is being hosted by The Heartland Institute. Dan Miller is the director of public relations at Heartland.

"What we are trying to accomplish with this conference is to present to the politicians and to the public that the debate is not over about global warming or climate change; that there is plenty of room for disagreement; and that sound science shows that the earth is not warming," says Miller.

"For much of the latter part of the 20th century there's been a mild warming as we come out of an ice age -- but the planet today is much cooler than it was a thousand years ago."

Besides the 70+ scientists at this conference, more than 650 scientists worldwide have expressed skepticism over manmade climate change.

RE: The debate is over

49b559de43dea402.jpg

Good Grief 02, are still on this kick? First, when these "experts" get their paper pier reviewed by the top scientists in this discipline, and others, from around the world, and get a nobel prize for it when they are done, come talk to us about it. . .

What youre talking about is the non-experts speaking at the Heartland Institute's denalist lunch conference, it's a bunch of non climate guys trying to spin what's been said and accepted about our climate. . . Give us a break 02 . . . there are cycles, there are explanations, these is NO doubt that humans have helped to modify the climate. . .

TF, are you saying every person who has received a Nobel Prize 'deserved it' and ALL who deserved it has been awarded one? Really??

PRO

www.oddiction.com

LAST EDITED ON Mar-09-09 AT 12:59PM (MST)[p]
nope, i'm saying that you cant just throw a bunch of non climate scientists together in a room for lunch and then tell the rest of the world the debate is over. . . the point is, those guys might well be right, but they are going to have put a little more effort into proving themselves first. . .

Really it's a bunch of NON climate scientists tell the rest of the world about the "facts." Be kinda like 02 trying to teach me photography, i'm sure he's got a camera but i'm not sure he's going to be the buss driver. . .

Right 02 ;-)

BTW, 02, did you see my shot on the cover of Texas Sporting Journal last December? Better watch out 02, pretty soon i'm going to be down there driven the whitetail bus! LOL ;-)

"these is NO doubt that humans have helped to modify the climate. . ." Extreme hot air from Washingto D. C. is the major cause of the earths warming.

Ransom

T you said "those guys might well be right" I am flabbergasted. I am finally getting through to you.

Come on down to the no public land capitol of the world and I will take you hunting Texas style. I guarantee you will have the time of your life.

Here are just a few of the hundreds of scientist that will be there and speaking. I would not call these guys just a bunch of hacks. I would have gotten more but I got bored with looking through them all.

* American astronaut Dr. Jack Schmitt--the last living man to walk on the moon--a geologist Ph.D. who has contended he has seen ?too many of [my] colleagues lose grant funding when they haven't gone along with the so-called political consensus that we're in a human-caused global warming.?

* William Gray, Colorado State University, who claims global warming alarmists have hijacked the American Meteorological Society.

* Richard Lindzen, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, one of the world?s leading experts in dynamic meteorology, especially planetary waves.

* Willie Soon, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics.

* Roy Spencer, University of Alabama at Huntsville, principal research scientist and team leader on NASA?s Aqua satellite.

* Don Easterbrook, professor of geology at Western Washington University in Bellingham, Washington, who will present new data showing ?the most recent global warming that began in 1977 is over, and the Earth has entered a new phase of global cooling.?

LAST EDITED ON Mar-09-09 AT 04:02PM (MST)[p]Thanks for the offer 02!

But, of that list and any other that you can dig up, tell us how many of those guys are climatologists?

If I had a cancer I would not expect a padiatrist to overrule oncologists and I would not ask an meteorlogist to explain global climate, and if I needed to know what cut of meat is best for a steak, I'd talk to a butcher. . .

I would prefer to have a much info and data as possible to help us come to a conclusion. These guys likely are very smart and have valuable contributions to make to the discussion. When they get their conclusion compiled and reviewed as was the case with the climate report, we'll talk. . .

On Thursday, Dr. Fred Singer will debunk global warming in a talk at Harvard. Would you call Fred a hack?

LAST EDITED ON Mar-09-09 AT 04:50PM (MST)[p]I did not call any of them hacks . . . like I said the scientific communities jury is still out, and until they can prove the existing science wrong, the debate will continue. When they debunk the "myth" and the world of climatologists approve their findings we're in business. . .

I cant assume an weather man and astronaut are wrong, but I can assume they are not the best qualified to make the final case.

People still are arguing about of relativity and at one time the earth was believed to be flat. . . time will tell, maybe someday we will know the truth. . .

How did Al Gore get that Nobel prize? Was it for spelling global warming correctly? Three of Japans top climate scientists just came out and said that the current basis for global warming is akin to believing in astrology as a prognosticator. To keep harping that the "world's top scientists" ALL agree that global warming is real is to deny science altogether since that statement is no where near factual. There is robust disagreement and many FACTS from climate science are just ignored because this is a huge political and financial opportunity. Al Gore is not a stakeholder in a global warming company for nothing. Always follow the money and never trust a politician.

Climatologists can't even agree what the weather is going too be like from day to day.LOL! If you look at a stump of a 300 year old redwood tree,and study the growth rings you can qualify as a expert also.

TF
I understand you take issue with the other view regarding the cause of global warming, but with your statement that :"these is NO doubt that humans have helped to modify the climate. . . " you overstated the facts. All that I have read confirms that there remains substantial issue on that point!

I agree, there is a lot of debate depending on who you ask, if you talk to the 100's of climatologists around world, or read their Nobel prize winning work, you will notice that in their view, man HAS influenced the climate, and I tend to agree. . .

In fact I think their still is debate over God vs. Evolution, the Holacaust never happened in some people's eye, and so on. . . I try to take a look at a good cross section, like I said the doubters might well be right, but until they produce the evidence in enough quantity with the correct review, I'm sticking with the climate scientists from around the globe. . .

TF
My point is there is substantial doubt as to whether human activity has contibuted to global warming. You may disagree and contend that the other scientists are wrong, unqualified, or are in the minority, but the fact is it is incorrect to say that there is no doubt that human activity has contributed to global warming.

So having read all your comments in this thread Tmoney can I assume that you do agree with my basic premise and title of this thread "The debate is not over"?

obviously the debate between pinheads like us is not over. There will be dabate over this for a very long time, thus the comments about the theory of relativity. . .

In any event, I posted a photo which states clearly that I believe there are a lot of people out there who dont want to believe it regartless of what's been said or written.

Let me say this one more time for those of you either dont/cant read my posts, I believe, based on the evidence today, that humans have had an influence on the global climate and until you, or your band of merry men can come up with enough evidence to prove that the climate scientists the world over are wrong, I'm going with the where the evidence leads me. I'm a believer in evidence and facts. Keep in mind i've said my mind is open, it is made up, but it can be changed, if and when the doubters can make the case well enough to prove wrong the current understanding of how climate works, I'll change my mind.

BTW, there is not one model that when ran, will predict global warming if the rapped increase of carbon is removed.

In other words, if carbon stayed at the 1890 levels for example, not a single climate model, including of course the data from the sun spots, earths tilt, etc., predicts an increase in temperature, not one. Does this mean the model is right, not necessarily, but i'd rather take the word of a butcher then stick my head up a bulls ars to look at a t-bone. . .

So T

You belive the BS some arrogant Politician like Gore says, but dispute the knowledge of the list 02 put together. Then there is no hope. There is a list out there of 3200 signatures of scientists whom believe man caused global warming is not proven, and non existent..
T explain the climate changes they have proof of, threw Ice core samples before man was even on earth. Come on think a little bit.

OK now that we can agree that the debate is not over, then we can move forward.

Oh and I have a photo in response to yours. ;)

49b69dcb66d8b028.jpg

This debate will rage into eternity because the nobel prize winners will never prove anything........ever.

The way I understand scientific process, a theory is presumed false, until, through much scientific testing/analysis, peer review by the scientific community, many published articles in scientific journals, and years of work by many, qualified scientists. After all this effort, most theories are filed as just that, an unsubstantiated thoery. All the while, the theory is assumed incorrect, until proven accurate.

There is no 'debating' in this process. Debating is what politicians do. So those of you who believe the 'debate' is over, don't even understand the scientific process.

When a politician gets involved in science, the validity of the issue is negated. Period. The boob Algore has no more business 'debating' this issue than Brittany Spears.

Wyoming Joe

Al Gore is a smart man. He in invested less than $1 million into the global whining farce,and convinced alot of morons that farting cows and humans will end the world.(He's not a climatologist,nor is close to being one)

Now a multi-millionare.

He makes over $100k to fly back and forth (in a air polluting jumbo jet)across the country each day to make a 1 hour speech .(Forget Joe the plumber,Obama needs to target this dude)

When not making anti belching cows and anti working people speeches,Al Gore is suppossedly running a $1000 month bill nateral gas bill heating his multi million dollar home, contributing to his theory.

This freak doesnt even have 1 windmill on his place!!!

Ironically ,this dude is making bank ,while destroying the o-zone ,melting our beloved icebergs

If i could keep a straight face like this dude ,doing stuff against my will,I could be rich. HAIL GORE!!!

>The way I understand scientific process,
>a theory is presumed false,
>until, through much scientific testing/analysis,
>peer review by the scientific
>community, many published articles in
>scientific journals, and years of
>work by many, qualified scientists.
>After all this effort, most
>theories are filed as just
>that, an unsubstantiated thoery. All
>the while, the theory is
>assumed incorrect, until proven accurate.
>
>
>There is no 'debating' in this
>process. Debating is what politicians
>do. So those of you
>who believe the 'debate' is
>over, don't even understand the
>scientific process.
>
>When a politician gets involved in
>science, the validity of the
>issue is negated. Period. The
>boob Algore has no more
>business 'debating' this issue than
>Brittany Spears.
>
>Wyoming Joe

Are you trying to insult our resident "senior" scientist ???

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

"The way I understand scientific process, a theory is presumed false, until, through much scientific testing/analysis, peer review by the scientific community, many published articles in scientific journals, and years of work by many, qualified scientists. After all this effort, most theories are filed as just that, an unsubstantiated thoery. All the while, the theory is assumed incorrect, until proven accurate.

There is no 'debating' in this process. Debating is what politicians do. So those of you who believe the 'debate' is over, don't even understand the scientific process.

When a politician gets involved in science, the validity of the issue is negated. Period. The boob Algore has no more business 'debating' this issue than Brittany Spears.

Wyoming Joe"

Joe you would be correct except for the fact that this issue is no longer strictly a scientific issue. It is in fact a purely political issue. It is a scam and politicians are going to gain a lot of power (over you and me, taxation, the way you live your life ect)and alot of money ie. Carbon Offsets (another scam).

So when the Messiah of Global Warming states "The Debate is Over" it is a scary thing and it must be beaten back.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom