The Elk Guru

hawkbill

Very Active Member
We are having a terrible rough winter on Wildlife here in the Wood river valley in central Idaho. Most all the game is on the valley floor in creek bottoms or in town. There will be a horrible winter kill, Mountain Lions in the towns hiding where they can . I saw a Wolf struggling trying to get away in the heavy snow, the other day . To me a lot of these animals are barely hanging on, they are doing everything they can to survive. I don’t understand why the So called local Elk Guru puts this crap out on face book so the woods can be flooded with all his social media fans. Quit pushing the Elk and give them a chance to get out of the spots there stuck in and quit bragging about it.
CA62A30A-D4B0-4938-A079-8159C94FB227.jpeg

So Keith being out is pushing the animals but you being out isn’t pushing the animals?

Sucks about your winter for sure. It’s going to be a long recovery

I must of missed the part about Hawk mentioning he was out pushing animals.
You might be thinking he was out because he seen a Wolf, but its not uncommon at all to spot a Wolf or two from the Hwy or most any road in the WRV.

I must of missed the part about Hawk mentioning he was out pushing animals.
You might be thinking he was out because he seen a Wolf, but its not uncommon at all to spot a Wolf or two from the Hwy or most any road in the WRV.
Yep you missed it alright.

Do as Billy says, not as Billy does! It is unrealistic to believe that Hawkbill has not been out on his snowmobile this winter in areas where elk are, picking up deadheads, while hopefully taking out a wolf or two.

We are having a terrible winter, that is correct. Are we supposed to not try and intervene while the wolves continue to take down elk in these canyons? Just this morning I picked up my 6th dead bull in this very canyon, another wolf kill! I do understand that our presence at this time of year can put extra stress on these elk. But I feel if we do not try to hunt these wolves they will continue to decimate this group of wintering elk.

Josh

Last edited:
I don’t run the Wood River, I haven’t for years, it used to be really good before all the new guys showed up. The Wolves are not killing the Bulls, winter is and there cleaning up. We hardly have any Wolves compared to what we used to. If your after Wolves I do not understand why you don’t kill them. I did not post this to hurt anyones feelings, with every other state closing the shed season , I guess I don’t understand while you want to advertise this on Facebook. I know a guy showing up here from utah this weekend to hunt sheds, there’s 8’ of snow up in the mountains. I have not ever seen a winter this bad on wildlife and every animal out there is just trying to survive!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom