THE GREAT ADVENTURE!!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-08-10 AT 02:55PM (MST)[p]Well everyone I think it is time to end this GREAT ADVENTURE (yeah I am sure some of you think it is about time). I think blog #100 is a good one to call it quits. Man if someone would have said I would have posted a 100 times over a 5 month period with over 10,000 views I would have called them nuts. It really turned into a labor of love or addiction-- you pick.

I know it might seem like it was long at times, but I rarely give something less than a 110% and I just wanted to bring you along and most importantly give something back to the group. I hope that each of you enjoyed the adventure and perhaps found something useful even if it was just a good laugh at the goofy videos!

This was not some fancy guided hunt, or even some cake hunt as you guys probably figured out; but just a couple of regular guys doing it our way and hoping it would all work out. I feel very lucky to have taken the animal I did, but most importantly having Ernesto as a friend. Thanks again Ernesto for a great time and friendship!!!!

Of course I would GREATLY appreciate your vote when the time comes as I have never been on a high country guided deer hunt! You will not see this in some magazine or in some other contest and even though we did end up taking a nice bull and buck in later hunts?I figured this story was best left alone and was perfectly suited for the MMrs (the only place I could go on and on for 5 months!!!!)

Anyway If any of you guys need anything, just IM me and I will do my best to help.

Thanks for coming along and take care!!

Dean

Everyone, I know I said 100 would be my last, but my son pleaded with me to post a picture of his first pheasant that he got last week.

I guess it was not part of my Moose trip, but I guess it is still part of the the Overall GREAT ADVENTURE.

There you go Hunter and Haillie--enjoy!!

Dad

5141dsc01149.jpg

2111dsc01146.jpg

I thought a few of you might like to see the final product. I just got my moose back and it turned out great or atleast I think so.

It is a BEAST. It is a good thing I have a friend that is not afraid of heights because at 15 feet this was a bit more than I cared to handle by myself. We moved the elk around to its place and the moose took it's place over the fireplace.

I hope you enjoy!!!

BearCat

At the taxidermist.
2008dsc01195.jpg

Over the fireplace
5635dsc01202.jpg

Close up
4897dsc01199.jpg

Just BIG.
2407dsc01201.jpg

The whole gang!
3345dsc01203.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!

A few of you was asking about the score of my moose--well it scored 208 1/8. Not the biggest, but not small either. I am happy!!

Take Care.

BearCat

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom