The Kid Next Door

T

Taqukaq

These photos are Of Josh, He's the neighbors kid that I take along on some of my adventures..

Josh was 13 when he busted this 6x6 bugle bull, He had passed on three other bulls I'd bugled in that hunt before he decided this one would do for his first bull.(Montana_ Bob Marshall Willderness)
MT22.jpg

I belive he was 14 when he took this buck, also his first.(Montana)
MT24.jpg

This was on the Togiak river in Alaska we really beat up the silver salmon on that trip Josh was 15 then
A36.jpg

Took him til he was 16 to get his four foot Northern Pike then he ate it, Go figure I tried to get him to do a mount (montana)
MT23.jpg

He was 17 when I got him up to Alaska for his first moose hunt
A01.jpg

He was pushing 20 here when he took this bull. Note the professional manner in which he holds his hand over the big chunk of horn he blew off when he missed on the first shot. He claims the kayak was bouncing to much. I taught him well, he knows how to hide it and lie about it.
A07.jpg

He took this bull on the same hunt. This and the above photo were taken in the Yukon river drainage just below the Arctic Circle
A11.jpg

awesome pics. I wish someone would take me along on a hunt to Alaska.

Jake

Great story and pictures of "bringing up this young fellow" the right way, my hats off to you. Congrats to the both of you.

Brian

Is there any houses for sale by you???....LOL....I can see your pride in this "KID", and can see what you have been teaching him, thanks for taking the time to make a difference. Great looking animals he has taken, even the stincky pike.....LOL.....thanks for posting........ Allen Taylor......

Great Pics! Always nice to Pass It On ain't it? Thanks for sharing with the younger generation.
069729.gif

Thanks for all the kind words.One day I'll make it a point to post a few tropyhs my other boys have gotten over the year's.
I do have one question, the photo below is my little pad here in Alaska. Are you guys sure ya wanna be my neighbor?

~Jeff~
http://www.jeffalaska.com

BristolBay15.jpg

That is tough country. I would have to get a divorce because with all the snow compared to here in AZ, she wouldnt move.......she is used to the100 degree weather here......Maybe I can rent a room during hunting season......LOL.....thanks for the pictures............... Allen Taylor......

You will be blessed later in life because of your relationship with this "kid". He will be posting pictures of him and "the old man" that he takes hunting. I was once the kid and I know how much he appreciates it.

I'm even more convinced I want to be your neighbor. Put me up a shack near the bottom of that larger hill on the left and I'll be happy.

Looks like you are a great friend to this kid and I think it is awesome that you bring him up in the hunting traditions even though he is just your neighbor. As for the living by you, I think I could handle that, lol!
Michael

There has been more than once this week when I would be happy to be your neighbor! Especially with all the hunts! Looks like a great place to live.

A guy from the town I grew up near used to take a kid hunting. He knew the kid's dad taught him how to hunt but wasn't quite as "avid" as the kid was. Today, that guy is my best friend and the godfather of my son.

Great job bringing the "younger generation" into the outdoors brotherhood.

Thanks all, Just glad you enjoyed the photos.

~Jeff~

I did post a little more about the kids here in the photography forum under the title "Double Trouble"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom