THE MODERN DAY TROPHY MULE DEER HUNTER PT.1

Skregear

We wanted to share this article from one of our Skre Athletes David Long. He has written a lot about how to find and kill big mule deer. He has agreed to write an 8 part series on what he has found to be successful in the field. Here is part #1 or an introduction to his articles. We hope you enjoy them.

Dvid-Long-small.jpg

"Let’s face it, everyone can get lucky on occasion. It seems like every fall we hear a similar story of how some lucky hunter just happened to be in the right spot at the right time and was fortunate enough to put his/her tag on the buck of a lifetime. While this is great and nothing should be taken away from the hunter on this great accomplishment, often times, that same hunter will never put his/her tag on another trophy buck the rest of their life.

On the other hand, you have the hunter that consistently puts their tag on a quality buck. They just seem to get it done year in and year out.

What is the difference between these two types of hunters? While luck may get you a good buck, it’s going to take more than that to do it on a consistent basis. In my honest opinion, what sets today’s successful trophy mule deer hunter apart from the rest of the crowd, is the following:"

Click on the link below to read the rest.

David Long is a great guy and awesome Mule Deer Hunter. I’ve had the pleasure to meet him several times. Haven’t seen him recently though.
I got to hold a couple of his big Muley racks when he brought them to Reno to be officially scored.
He does a good job with his books also.

Love his Public land Mulies book... But how many times can one write the same thing over and over? The Egde book had very little new info to offer. I'm a sucker for mule deer books, I wish there was more to add but I think it's all been said. The couple western hunting mags fall into same category for me. I just want pictures of huge bucks and winter range live bucks pics/film.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom