The OFFICIAL what did you draw thread!

From NMG&F site.....
MB MZ & FAD AW. Green and going to my off the radar units.
Some day I'll draw a prime NM tag,but till then I'll be hunting.

I struck out completely. 0/6.

Changed up my strategy this year. Obviously that didn't pan out too well.

Congrats to all those who did draw, though.

RE: The OFFICIAL who drew your tag thread!

I fixed the title for you ^

I drew badge oryx in Feb and 2nd rifle in 36 with a bunch of buddies.

Can't get on the website but just got the email. Heading to unit 17, first muzzy elk! Super excited, starting the Internet/google earth scouting now. First time hunting NM.

Burros archery coues and Barbary. Struck out on elk and Oryx. Got cocky and applied for 16D and A so my streak of tags has been broken

Finally!!! McGregor oryx, archery ibex, archery bighorn ewe, and archery elk. :) Backdoor was accurate.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-29-15 AT 10:37AM (MST)[p]First choice rifle deer 2B- Oct 31 hunt.
Third choice muzzleloader elk 9 - Oct 24 hunt.

1st cow hunt in 53 and my license is showing antelope in 48 on the UU Bar ranch. Must be some decent animals on it...their website shows they want $4500 for a goat hunt! Wowzer

After 17 years of applying(NO JOKE!) I finally drew unit 2b late archery deer hunt. Funny how seeing the word successful make all the pain and bad memories go away. HAHA.

Drew 37 archery deer and 21B archery elk, 2nd hunt...it's nice to finally draw an elk tag after 3 consecutive years of RED!!!

2nd choice deer, 3rd choice elk. The exact same two hunts I had last year--not complaining one bit.

For my wife and I together, 16D archery elk first season and 33 res muzz Deer! I drew Bighorn Ewe archery and Oryx. She drew archery Ibex. I'm still in shock at how fortunate we were and can't believe I'm going to be chasing bighorn followed by monster elk in 16D!!

Myself Archery HD elk
Wife 1st rifle bull tag
Brother from New Hampshire Archery elk

LICENSE PRINTED! UNIT 38 ARCHERY DEER .. GOOSE EGG ON EVERYTHING ELSE
Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

16C second season modern elk, non-resident! Been applying for about 8 years and this is the first time I've drawn.

Backdoor was not accurate for me, as it said I hadn't drawn anything.

After 15 years applying I finally got a Rhodes January Oryx tag! Unit 16 archery deer tag. My 13 year old daughter drew a 16C rifle youth bull tag in October! Life is good!

>16A 2nd Rifle Bull Elk hunt!
>
>Unit 52 Muzzy Pronghorn!
>
>Unfortunately my Dad got all Red.
> :(
>
>Backdoor was completely accurate.
>
>Travis

Congrats Travis

My 11 year old drew the youth 52 muzzy and I drew the adult 52 muzzy! First antelope tags in New Mexico for both of us.

Unit 5A private land Archery deer tag. will also get an elk landowner tag

just found out the GF drew Valle Vidal bull elk rifle on her first try...last year on her first try she drew antelope and oil oryx...time for a lottery ticket...

The first archery hunt in unit 34 for Elk and archery deer in 34 for myself. My wife drew the antlerless Elk just before Thanksgiving in 34. It's about time!!!
Mike

52-deer archery, 52-elk 2nd, and antelope unit 58.

Congrats to those who drew and next year to those who did not.

51 archery elk
24 archery FAWT
Dad got 51 rifle

Gonna be a good season after my sea of red followed by a very frustrating OTC archery elk last year in Colorado

One for 23 - Javelina bow tag in the boot heel.

No Barbs, no ibex, no deer, no oryx. With all the bones I tossed at VCNP, and the high-odds wilderness hunts I applied for, I had a 75% chance of drawing an elk tag ... except that my application was on the bottom of the stacks. Thinking about CO-OTC and OR.

wife- Oryx Rhodes canyon OIL nov.

Dad and myself- unit 15 muz bull oct
unit 23 rifle deer

Myself- Oryx sept off-range
EWE bighorn sheep.

Remember, if kids didn't draw anything you can get them a cow elk tag in the summer as part of the youth encouragement program...maybe a stinky pig tag (usually leftovers) or any other leftover tags...

Drew Unit 15 2nd Season Muzzleloader as 3rd choice, first time hunting elk in NM so I'm excited. Also have a WY General tag so will be a fun fall.

how about a youngster carrying a youth muzzy tag for unit 17 and a 2-C rifle tag! Thanks New Mexico, it really doesn't get much better then that in any state!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-30-15 AT 02:08AM (MST)[p]Unit 21a elk (first bow hunt )and Barbs. Time in the woods with family and friends is the Prize. Both of these hunts are in units that are demanding physically so getting in shape is on my agenda. We interrupt this marriage for the hunting season, the plaque my wife is about to blow the dust off of. What a great women I married ?Lol

Nothing for me, but headed back to Unit 27 with my son for the youth deer hunt. Couldn't be more excited!

5b elk, 21 deer, july off range oryx, and 29-30 barbary. First time for off range oryx and barbary. Should be fun! Anyone got info on off range oryx... Its right around the corner! Super happy about elk haven't drawn last couple years and know 5b well! Good luck to everyone who drew this year!

1-8. Drew only the stink pig tag which always has more tags than applicants. Hard to believe. My entire immediate family blanked as well. Over 30 apps with 1 drawn tag...you may not believe in blacklists...but I certainly do.

OIL Oryx, steerike 1!!!
16A archery, steerike 2!!
23 Coues, swing, he connects. Will have to wait till Nov. See if it's a hit or a fly out! Can't wait!!
Later
Foghorn

My son 50/52 youth only pronghorn, statewide youth only javelina.

Daughter youth only 23 deer.

Myself unit 56 bow elk, late sept.

At work the last couple days, finally catching up!

Elk - 1st archery in 45
Deer - Unit 29, probably in January.

Should be fun!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom