The real deal? Iowa buck

look real hard at the deer, and then the blue sky, not saying its not real but it kind of looks like the pic of the deer has been super imposed? Tell me I could be wrong

oh ya and it was shot when in 2003 and he already has the shoulder mount back, Im not a taxidermist but isn't that a little fast, I thought that the buck had just got back from the 60 day measuring and ended up a little over 319!

I realize that there have been a lot of false alarms, but this photo looks real to me, and the antlers look a lot like the "live" photos of the deer. I think it is the real deal. As far as taxidermy, I suspect any taxidermist would jump you to the top of their list if you killed one like that. Imagine the publicity: I mounted the new hunter killed world record!

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

LAST EDITED ON Dec-09-03 AT 05:36PM (MST)[p]My thoughts exactly. I suspect this is the real deal.

Thats a killer buck, but if it was shot this year he must have one hell of a taxidermist.

-Cass

This buck is the real deal. I think this pic is a scan out of North American Whitetails Jan. 2004 issue. He'd a heck of a buck, congrats to the kid.

The "Albia Buck" is the real deal. This is the buck that was referred to as the "Walking World Record." The kid's dad is taking it slow because once the full story, pictures, score, etc. becomes official, the poor kid is likely to be besieged with all kinds of solicitations, some of which might even be legit. I haven't seen the buck, but I've been told by a couple of guys who have that it is very real and very impressive.

That's one UGLY buck! but huge none the less! Looks like his ears could hardly get into another position!

Michael~All Gods creatures welcome, right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

UGLY??? Are you crazy!!! You guy's get your hands on that chronic, way to easy up there.LOL...

Heck of a taxi, job as well. I'm sure finding the best in the state and getting him to pop it out fore you in a month or 2 woulnd't be too difficult, w/ a buck like that!

Nice mount. If he tans his own hides, it can be turned around in 3 weeks. My first few mounts of every year go out that quick. A few days to salt, a few more to pickle, tan, another day to mount, and let dry for a couple of weeks, then do the finish work.

And by the way, I don't know how thrilled I would be to get a buck like that in. The liability would be outrageous. I'd have to hire armed guards to watch the rack. LOL.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom